General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

General,

A little pedantic but the advertisement for 'visit Birmingham' on the electronic pitchside boards is in Royal blue and white colours, the exact colours of our neighbours.

I am sure this is probably a mischievous action by some wag at either the council or the advertising company, but in these days of computerisation I am equally sure that the colours can be changed at the flick of a switch to claret and blue or, if necessary, a neutral colour combination.

A strange thing for a 44 year old bloke to find offensive, but unfortunately I do. If it could be fixed, that would be marvellous.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats happened to the official site saying what allocation we have taken on the tickets page? It was handy to know what allocation we had so we knew whether we had to get our tickets quickly or not, but for both the Liverpool and Man Utd games it's been missing

General,

Is there any chance of explaining to Jack Woodward and Andy Blair that the purpose of a radio commentary is to explain what is happening on the pitch to people who can't see the game? I don't live in England and I ended up listening on Match Live yesterday. I had to switch to the second half on Radio Stoke because I couldn't visualise what was happening on the pitch.

At one point after a well described Villa attack I briefly switched back to hear Andy Blair describe how Petrov's effort had coincided with a change of the advertising hoarding!

General Krulak here:

2. Gingerlad: Were their stewards in the area? Could you please tell me about where this incident took place.

Back of T2, also away fans openly celebrating in the seats that are sectioned off in the middle of the North Stand upper. Stewards claimed they cannot do anything about that too.

General Krulak here:

1. A good question..."What happened today?" I would give anything to be able to answer that one!!!!!

2. Thetrees: Good catch...I will see what I can do.

3. BCV: We will take max allocation allowed.

4. Trevor: I will see what I can do...it is amazing how they would not do this correctly.

5. Gingerlad: Got it...thanks!

General Krulak here:

1. A good question..."What happened today?" I would give anything to be able to answer that one!!!!!

2. Thetrees: Good catch...I will see what I can do.

3. BCV: We will take max allocation allowed.

4. Trevor: I will see what I can do...it is amazing how they would not do this correctly.

5. Gingerlad: Got it...thanks!

All answers appreciated, I hope!

General, have you EVER 'dropped the ball'?

As the face of AVTV etc. I actually think Woodward is alright. His interviews are decent and he comes across well when he's presenting. Obviously that's a different skill to commentating though, and as a commentator he is awful.

Hi General,

I work for a local health organisation, a couple of years ago we hired out the Villa Academy pitch (the indoor one at Villa Park) to take on another local health organisation in an 11 a side battle of Birmingham.

We are currently trying to arrange another match, only the person who booked the pitch previously has now left the organisation.

Do you know if this would still be a possibility and if so do you know who we should contact?

On a seperate note, thanks for all the hard work yourslef and everyone at club has put in over the last few years. We are truely privaleged to have people like yourself and Randy at AVFC.

Up the Villa.

General

the atmospear at villa park of late has been electric, but it could be so much much better.

If they turned the PA down say 15 mins b4 kickoff and let the fans start sone songs going b4 the teams came out, turning it up only for the team news and the teams entrance music.

i really think Fans need to warm up aswell has the players

ty in advance general if anything can be done about this

You CAN however keep it full blast over the away fans we dun care to much about hearing them :lol:

Hi General

What's the time schedule for making the improvements to AVTV? I've had a subscription since last July & managed to watch all the interviews, academy stuff, press conferences etc. even though my Mac system is not supported. I accepted that I couldn't watch the Match Highlights package. Now it appears that the DRM content curse has struck even those areas I've enjoyed watching everyday as I am now denied access to these elements of the service. The situation seems to get worse rather than better. The company who provides the service email replies to me are the same old stock answers blah, blah.

Who do I need to contact to get a refund on the 4 months balance remaining on my subscription please? It seems Mac users are the lepers of the Villa website!

If I was a General I'd KATN and fire their no-good asses out of there. Hell yeah!!! Phew, that feels better. :angry:

Gen

Poor, thats all you can say, I know it, you know it, everyone knows it.

Listen, I know you say you dont get involved, and I personally don't know you. But from what I've read, you have been through some major battles in your time, and must have given some major "go get em" speeches.

I said this once before - we need something to give us the fire back

Surely to god, it's gotta be worth you giving a speech to the players in the dressing room.

If we dont do something soon, it'll be gone.

(I've really tried to be polite here, coz believe me - I am hurting at this moment !!!)

Just to let you know General that i'll be dropping my AVTV subscirbtion..

You said give us time..I've given it time and renewed this year but see no improvemnt.

I dont even bother logging in now to listen to the match day commentary...because i have NO idea whats going on in most games! Hire a proven commentator please!

Hi General, despite the recent disappointing news, the interview with Duncan Riddle on R5 and the news that Acorns will be on our shirt sponsors for next season is fantastic news

makes me so proud of our club and of Randy.

especially in these harsh finacial times when every penny means so much.

Oh and can I be cheeky and ask if you could sponsor VillatalkFC for Acorns :D

(we can only ask !!)

Cheers,

Ian

Hi General,

I echo what Ian has said above. It has been a disappointing couple of weeks as a Villa fan, but this is a shining light through the grey. So happy the club have taken up the Acorns option again, really makes me feel proud to be a Villa fan, no matter how the results are going on the pitch.

However, I thought it was strange on the Sky Sports News news bar that the story simply reads 'Aston Villa extend shirt sponsorship with local hospice' without actually naming them. How difficult is it for someone to type 'Acorns' at the end of the sentence?

Now lets get the results back on track! :)

Hi General,

Hope you are well Sir - I just wanted to say how utterly bewildered I am reading your thread on one of the other sites, which will remain nameless - seems like a blatant misuse of your thread and your time by the 'posters'- I know you are thick skinned, but to me its rude and shows a distinct lack of respect. Thankfully, that would not happen on this site.

Despite the poor results of late, the Acorns sponsorship again shows that Aston Villa are a shining light amongst not only Football clubs but amonst the Private sector, and I thank you, Randy and the team for making me feel part of it.

One other point, how important do you feel the Obama- Gordon Brown talks are? Do you feel they can muscle/fast track their way out of the current economic situation, or are initial meetings like that more 'style over substance'.?

Thanks for all General

Good Morning General,

The recent results have no been pleasurable but i am confident that lessons will be learned and MON will have the team back to normal soon. We have had a great season and it is not over yet but its good to remember we are not Man utd and even they have bad runs.

In MON we trust

General,

While the Acorns news is good, can you shed a little bit of light on the process the club went trough to make the decision? Did we talk to potential commercial partners about the shirt and decide that we were not willing to sell for the prices offered? Did we enter any serious negotiations, or was Acorns the first choice?

Thanks