General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

Hi General, hope your'e feeling better and looking forward to the new season. My question is that I renewed my season ticket for me and my two children and was concerned with the amount of games which will be switched to a Sunday, with local derby's and with us being in Europe. The problem I have is that I run an U14's football team and like many others in the same situation find it difficult if the KO is before 4 o'clock on a Sunday . Half of my team are season ticket holders also (and some unfortunate ones have tickets for the Blues) and as we have to put in 21 days notice to cancel games it sometimes become impossible to get to early ko games at short notice. I appreciate you cannot please everybody all of the time but if you could just bear this in mind when amending ko's that are not on the tv.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to hear your back and fighting fit General,

Just a quick question as I`m not sure this has been put forward but has yourself or Randy discussed any fund raising for The "Help for Heroes" campaign at a home game?

I just feel it would be great for both the Club and us as supporters to let our fine servicemen and women now that were fully supportive and behind them all the way, or even inviting some of the USMC or other US Forces over for a game as above to show our appreciation for the fine work both our Countries are doing and also recognising our long relationship on both sides of the Atlantic.

Regards,

C Kilmartin

Dear General

First of all it is great to have you back and we are fortunate fans to have direct communication with you on this forum.

I would like ot comment the post by geoff43 where he says he is disheartened and he will stop supporting the team if MON does not sign players soon. Most fans continue supporting the team through thick and thin and saying you will stop supporting is fickle and childish. However, I can understand the frustration of geoff43 and others. I am sure that there is ongoing work behind the scenes in transfer efforts but actions speak louder than words and currently there is no eveidence of any action.

What would you say to those who argue that there is not enough planning in squad development and after the woeful form in the latter part of the season MON should be clearly aware of the weaknesses in the squad and have identified his targets and player should be in place for the start of pre-season training to be best prepared for the start of the season?

I think we now have a wonderful set up with a great owner and board and a charismatic manager, I would be most greatful if you could shed some light on the following :

1) Where does the board consider the club are today in relation to the aspirations form the start of the current regime?

2) What are the goals for this season? What would represent achivement or failure?

3) What do you consider to be our most notable achievements in your time here?

4) Where do you consider there is room for improvement and what if anything has disappointmed you so far?

I am pleased that the board and the manager have positivley enhanced the profile and standing of the club and look forward to a winning future.

Hello General,

Long time reader here, just wanted to echo other posters & wish you a full recovery from your illness. Your presence here is truly appreciated and your sense of perspective is required to balance people's thoughts & opinions out too!!

Just wanted to pick your brains to find out what Randy's & AVFC's long term views are in regards to the development & enhancement of Villa Park. I believe in the past you have mentioned that Randy has no intention of moving the ground & I totally agree with that, at present. I also appreiate that because of the grounds location being in a heavily populated residential area there ultimately will be restrictions in terms of how far you can go to redevelop a ground.

What i would like to know is has Randy actually thought of re-locating Villa Park to another part of the City whereby the development of the ground, the logistics of commuting to the ground & the experiene of visiting Villa Park for all concerned is second to none?

I'm in my usual state of pre season depression becuase MON hasn't signed anybody and more importantly hasn't bothered to ring me up and run his transfer targets by me. I don't think that's asking too much really and I have some really useful suggestions for him!!!

Suddenly a degree of sanity is returning to my life because the general is back.Welcome back General and I hope you are fully recovered because we definately missed you whilst you were away.

If you are back completely - could you just contact MON and tell him to get in touch. I can be trusted and won't post any of the information in the ITK thread.

Seriously though - welcome back :D

Hello General,

Perhaps you could help me with a little business insight ;).

I have always wondered how you project the flow of season tickets/shirts etc. thoughout the summer. Is is a steady flow of tickets being sold? Are there certain dates and times that there are increased flow? Does the signing of new players affect significantly the sale amount of both season tickets and mechandising?

On a seperate note, do you expect there to be a reduced sale quantity of season tickets this year due to the current financial year. I say this because this will be the first year in a fair few years that I will be able to commit to a season ticket (I am already in mourning).

General

On holiday with the family in San Diego last year and we visited sea world (you just have to), just before the Shamu show the organisers did something called "salute the heroes". Everybody connected to the military, currently serving and past service members and their families were asked to stand up and the rest of us applauded them. Even as a Brit, it was a very emotional event and a brilliant idea.

If you can organise a similar thing at Villa Park, I for one would be in favour.

As an aside- what a fantastic place San Diego is - will be back there very shortly.

General Krulak here:

1. Geoff43: You indicated that Young and Carew were being sold and that this was one of the reasons you are "disheartened." I would appreciate knowing why you say those players are being sold...and has MON and Randy been notified??

2. Home kit will be out 13 August.

3. Max Villan and Mark E: You both pose good questions. The best way to get a solid answer and help would be to call Nicky Keye at the ticketing office...indicate to her that I asked you to call. Tell her you individual situations and see if she can help sort them.

4. avfcphillps68: As you know, we have the 1st team and reserve schedules posted...and we have a good idea of what games will be televised and when. As we all know, based upon the current TV contract, games can and do get moved. For those games that we have control over, we try to have kickoff at a time that meets the needs of most fans. You situation is noted and I will make sure that people are aware that some fans have special issues that play into their ability to come to Villa Park. Again, the aim is to satisfy as many fans as possible.

5. cjamesk: I am not sure you know but we have done just what you are recommending on several occasions.

6. tanveer1968: In order of questions asked: 1) We are basically right on schedule...where we projected we wanted to be. 2) Goal for season: a consistent, winning, determined squad on the Pitch. As a former member of the Forces, to seek anything other than repeating the feat of the '82 Squad and winning the Premiership, would be a mistake. 3) There are so many notable achievements...the '82 squad returning with Ron on the shield, the work done at Bodymoor Heath, the work done on the Holte Pub, the movement of the Club up the tables, the association with acorns, the bus trip to Chelsea, 5-1 against the Blues, the great work by the staff at Villa Park, etc. etc. 4) biggest disappointment for me was that we didn't handle the move of fans during the Trinity Road renovation...we did this poorly.

7. As I have said before, we do have long term plans for Villa Park...and they don't include moving it. We will outline those plans when ready to do so.

8. Little8rioch: MON has called you at home and on your cell but only gets a busy signal.

9. We anticipate sales of kit, tickets, etc. based upon historic data for the most part.

General I visited Annapolis last Sunday while staying with some friends nearby, sadly I didn't get to visit the Academy as my wife and friends had been there before but the town was rather nice (if a little overpriced). Anyway much to my disgust I saw some chap strolling about in an Arsenal shirt and judging by his haircut and boots he was most likely a military type, such shocking behavior is imo unacceptable as every serviceman should be issued with a standard number 10 C. Krulak Villa shirt.

General Krulak here:

3. Max Villan and Mark E: You both pose good questions. The best way to get a solid answer and help would be to call Nicky Keye at the ticketing office...indicate to her that I asked you to call. Tell her you individual situations and see if she can help sort them.

Thank you Sir, I will give her a call

Hey General,

I've been visiting this board for over two years now as a guest user.

I have been reading your responses avidly. I constantly see you siv through ALOT of rubbish, whilst maintaining a professional yet "on the same level" approach to your replies.

I've been a Villa Fan since 1990, i'm currently 24. Its finally nice to see Villa play attractive , exciting and exhilarating football without putting the club under financial woes, such as liverpool. I can do nothing but respect all of the staff at the club, from the club shop to the ticket office i have had nothing but 100% professionalism since Randy took over. Where as before I seemed to be cursed with some very bad luck ordering kits or tickets.

I personally have noticed a staggering leap, and really think, the communication between the club and supporters has been enhanced. I would like to know if the official sites Forum will be back at any point?

I understand in its latter days that it had been overrun by blues supporters, with so much professionalism within the club at this moment in time, I am sure the club could hire someone to create a more secure forum with a better managing system.

Although I know i'm rambling, i wanted to sign up to say Thank you, for your communication, and also to wish you back to health which i see alot of other people have succeeded in doing.

Also If MON has not already sold it too you, get over to Belfast for a visit.

And give us all a shout for a pint!

Pete McVeigh

Guest Ricardomeister

General, good to see you back and I hope you are feeling better.

Can I please clarify your answer to Tanweer about the goals for this season. I have read it in addition to a winning/consistent team that winning the Premiership this season is a goal. Am I reading that correctly and if so, do you honestly believe that is a realistic goal? Having played sport at the top level myself, I know all about setting goals, but they also have to be realistic goals. In view of the extra competition this season (and Man City/Spurs having no European distraction) my, imo, realistic goal for this season is a top 6 finish and hopefully one good cup run, which we have not had for a few years. I think most fans would be happy with that, but if you can get me to set our realistic goals even higher, then you won't find any complaints from me.

Thanks General and I hope you are feeling 100% soon.

ps I echo the post about saluting the heroes. It brought a lump to the throat last season so the more often we can do something similar, the better.

Not long been on the site but i've been a villa fan all my life i still have the ticket from my first game when i was 4 years old.

Anyway i'd like to say i'm glad your well and i couldnt be happier with the way the club is being run nowadays just the fact that you are active on here is a huge gesture from the board.

I'm only 'disheartened' at the amount of people who feel that way at this time. Its early on in the window and as you've said there's plenty of time. Its a work in progress. The club is doing great and its an exciting time to be a Villa fan. I couldnt be happier.

UP THE VILLA

general i love the villa so much i think randy as done a great job but mon is to slow in the market

we are being link but seem to be only selling at the moment it is great to buy younger players but we

need at least 6 player without letting players go can you say that we will bring in those players

andby that i mean players age 23 to 27 and not 16 to 20 bring in players delap and naughton

there great for the future but not if were going in to meltdown everton spurs man city and even blues

who have brought in 7 players where we got nothing but sold two the great one has had to retired

how long before we bring in those players to build the squad we were promise when mon first came

plus the promise of big name players that never came also our squad is now smaller than when you first came

as for young and carew i hope we we dont sell them as it shows our lack of ambition i hope

for the fans and the club you bring in 3 good youngsters and 4 quilty first teamters i am glad you

have got over your illness and great to see you back

General Krulak here:

1. Suffering Villa: Sorry you didn't get to see the Naval Academy...that is where I went to University and my wife and I were married at the chapel there. As for the lad in the Arsenal shirt, I have a hit man out looking for him now.

2. mcveighp: We are currently looking at a new forum on the official site that will have, as part of it, me answering questions. It will be "controlled" so that we don't have outsiders coming on and wasting time. We have hired someone to work the entire Official Site and he is already making a diffference.

3. ricardomeister: I remember a time in VietNam when we were facing a large number of the enemy dug into fortified positioins on top of a ridgeline. We were ordered to knock them off the ridgeline. Talk about what appeared to be an "unrealistic goal"!!! We waiting until 4:00 am and hit them hard...and pushed them off the ridge. As I indicated, with my background, to expect me to call a goal I helped set to now be "unrealistic" is not going to happen. Is it a difficult goal? Absolutely!! Are the chances pretty low...probably!! Do we therefore change the goal? I would find that very hard to do. There is an old saying in the military, "Aim high, hit high'!!!

4. geoff43: I am worried that you are going to end up in the hospital if you continue to worry like you are doing. First off, very few Clubs have done anything at this point...and the action that has taken place has not been for "great players." I seem to recall watching Ronaldo and Rooney (examples) as "young players...16-20" and make a difference. I would say that some of our young players are making a difference. I would not exclude getting youth. I think you need to take a step back and relax a little. You have a manager who knows exactly what he has for a squad, what he needs, and what he doesn't need. Why not let him do his job.

Hi General, fantastic news that you are on the mend!

Now I have a 'biggy' for you.

Since I was 18 I have worked in the Automotive industry in Engineering (I am now 28 ), sadly for me, as I'm sure you are aware this industry is suffering massively and I have been out of work since April after my 12 month contract was cancelled at JLR. As I'm sure you can imagine things in the tamuff_villa household are getting a little stressful! The main problem being that all of my work experience has been in this industry and in this current climate 1) This industry is still shedding jobs and 2) other industry's (such as aerospace and rail) are not willing to hire anybody without specific experience (as they know these people are out there).

My question/request, are you aware of any Engineering/technical roles within the Villa family where I could potentially send my CV across and get it looked at?

Cheers!