General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

Gen good to see your all better, Downing a good signing very similar to barry obviously a few more years on his side, still haven't got back to me about a scouting role. . . :|

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General,

I know you're a busy man but have you ever had a chance to look at any military based computer games such as Call of Duty or Battlefield?

If so, what did you think of them?

Thanks!

Hi Gen

Welcome back sir...you can't keep a good man down.

I'm sure you've read a lot of posts from inpatient fans awaiting a view then the sale date of our home kit. Now i'm sure this has been asked before but is there no way we can switch the release of the home and away strips in the future ?. Many people love to wear their Villa shirt on holiday but by August 13th, the majority of fans have been on their travels and i'm sure they would agree that the home shirt is the preference to wear on holiday ' show the colours ' so to speak...

Cheers

Morning General,

First time poster on this thread, so may I take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to comminicate so openly with us on this forum.

Towards the end of the 07/08 Season, I recall an article on the Official Site concerning the comissioning of a statue of William McGregor, Villa Club Director of 1888 and founder of the Football League - Indeed a true Villa legend.

It was suggested that such a statue would cost in the region of £12k, and the it would be part funded by the club and part funded by other contributors, including the fans.

Indeed I made a couple of donations to this statue outside the ground pre-match as I feel it is long overdue and a worthy development at Villa Park.

Its been a while since I have heard anything about this project so i wonder if you could give us an update please.

Many thanks General, keep up the great work - In my lifetime, our club has never been in better hands.

General, I'd like to use my 2000th post to tell you why I'm a happy Villa fan. My late father used to say to me "it's not what you achieve in life that's important, it's how you achieve it." He taught me that honesty, integrity and emphathy were all essential markers on the route to being the best you can be.

Randy, Mon and you General are real gentlemen in the often murky world of profesional football and that is reflected in the propriety of all that Aston Villa do as we aim onward and upward. That makes me a very happy and proud Villa fan.

General krulak here:

1. villaajax: Yes, I have played some of the military computer games. As a matter of fact, when I was Commandant of the Marine Corps, I converted several games into training exercises for my Marines...to be used individually or as a team.

2. villahero: Roger, got it.

3. McGregor statue...we will have the statue...do not worry.

4. I am glad Fans like what is being done at Villa Park...I think that, when completed, folks will be very happy.

5. villabromsgrove: Thank you for the very kind post...I will make sure that MON and Randy see it.

Hi gen, been a while since I posted on here so just thought I'd pass by and post something.

How are you? Hope you are feeling much better now. I'm really excited about the new season starting. We've only made one signing and he's injured but I'm seriously looking forward to it. Just booked my Fiorentina tickets and I can't wait. Seems like so long since we've played a game so I'm excited for tomorrow too! I'm proud to be a Villa fan and more importantly very happy with the way the club is being run by everyone involved.

I hear the work going on at Villa Park is going well and I can't wait to see the Holte Suite when it's finally finished...here's to our second attempt at a charge on the top four...maybe.

Richard

General any chance the OS can list all the reserve team pre season friendlies? They generally play local Midlands sides yet there not well published in press.

Also can the OS update us on who has been released or had contracts extended from the Youth/Reserves, Ive noticed that Sam Williams has been on trial at clubs over the summer yet theres been no offical confirmation of his status at Villa.

Towards the end of the 07/08 Season, I recall an article on the Official Site concerning the comissioning of a statue of William McGregor, Villa Club Director of 1888 and founder of the Football League - Indeed a true Villa legend.

It was suggested that such a statue would cost in the region of £12k, and the it would be part funded by the club and part funded by other contributors, including the fans.

Indeed I made a couple of donations to this statue outside the ground pre-match as I feel it is long overdue and a worthy development at Villa Park.

Its been a while since I have heard anything about this project so i wonder if you could give us an update please.

It's due to be unveiled sometime in the Autumn according to here

Could we have an interview with Bouma update in our web site. So we will know how is Wilfred getting on ? As there are rumours he is hanging up his boots and another rumours saying he is near to recovery.

Don't want to answer the question for the general but there already has been one saying he will be back soon and is back in training.

General. I'm delighted with the Downing signing. I think he'll be a great asset to Villa in the years to come. We've all been reading his interviews with the Sun and other papers. I'm sure MON will remind Stewart who is paying his wages and that he is not on whatever a week to profess loyalty to the other clubs, or to dictate policy with regard to our better players. I doubt MON is impressed with what he's been saying. The fans aren't either.

General,

Most importantly, welcome back! I know you are a positive and determined man, but somethings are out of one's control. Are you 100% better yet? I hope you are, or at least very close.

General. I'm delighted with the Downing signing. I think he'll be a great asset to Villa in the years to come. We've all been reading his interviews with the Sun and other papers. I'm sure MON will remind Stewart who is paying his wages and that he is not on whatever a week to profess loyalty to the other clubs, or to dictate policy with regard to our better players. I doubt MON is impressed with what he's been saying. The fans aren't either.

With regard to the final sentence of the above post, you may gain a broader perspective by reading the last couple of pages of the Downing thread. I believe most fans don't see a problem in the quotes from Downing.

In my opinion Downing expressed his affection for the club he has supported since he was a boy. I'm sure Stewart would like to be successful at Villa for the next 10 years, but when he and Villa are ready, it would be nice for him to play a final season for his home club. I don't see an issue with this.

As for dictating Villa's player policy, I imagine it's common for a well regarded player to establish the ambitions of an interested club. I took the comments as a confirmation that our best players are likely to stay with us. Positive news I thought, but some find a negative.

Are you familiar with the expression "storm in a tea cup"?

Hi General,

I'm rather disappointed that i've recently had to cancel my AVTV subscribtion. I was ready to cancel just before Mr'Lerner's takeover. But with the good changes taking place at the club and the promises of change and improvement to this rather poor service; i held on in the hope that this service would be improved.

Three years on, and i've yet to see any improvement despite the continuing promises. It's somewhat disappointing that the club has little regard for the matchday experience of its foreign fans and others who are unable to attend a game for various reasons. I remember a few occasions last season where i stayed up throughout the night in an effort not to miss the match; only to find that the AVTV commentary was not even broadcasting. Also the standard of commentry has often left me puzzled to what is actually occuring during the games and the service may as well be retitled 'I'm Jack Woodward Show'.

Please feel free to shoot me an email a few years down the line when the club is ready to provide the fans unable to attend the games a good matchday experience..

Glad your back on your feet General and here's hoping to another good season for Aston Villa FC! :)

Hi General,

Not posted on this thread before, but good to see you back on your feet....

Just wondering whether there were any plans to recognise Martin Laursen's effort for the club, or to use him in a role at the club? Such as ambassador or such like, so that if/when he goes into management/coaching we can sign him up?