General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

Hi General.

As someone who has been away for a while and only able to go to the odd game for the last few year. I wonder if there is a membership scheme that could help me get tickets to more games. I now live in london again and im able to go to more games, but i had trouble getting tickets to a few games at times last season.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General good to hear that you are on the mend and starting to feel fresh again.

I am keen admirer of clubs, developing youngsters and bringing them through the youth set up, into the first team. Obviously our local academy is pretty successful which is great for the club and its future. I was wondering if the club is thinking of setting up any links with schools/colleges/clubs in the USA? Obviously football (soccer) is growing over the there and it would be nice to see if we could get some of their potential stars into our youth academy.

Secondly I was wondering what your opinion was on the current financial climate in football. Do you think that the amount of money that the likes of Man City/Real Madrid are spending is extortionate? What do you think the implications of this spending will be?

Once again, best of luck on a full recovery, and lets hope for another sucessfull year for our great club.

General - taking the kit question further, as it is released on 13th August, when will get to view the kit?

Glad to see you are back, I am certain that your absence has led to most of the anxiety on here!

Dave

General,

Villa fan in the orient here. Just wanted to say a few words about the academy team that played out here in Hong Kong in May. Each year, Villa send a team to the Phillips (now IP-Global) Soccer Sevens and have won the tournament on many occasions. Unfortunately this year, the lads were knocked out in the semi-finals, but I would like to bring to your attention and to the attention of the club, their exemplary behaviour off the pitch, as much is said about their undoubted talent on it. While other teams stormed off in a sulk after losing their matches, the villa boys came back out and met their fans (all eight of us, admittedly), had a chat and thanked people for the support. They were more than happy to look after my seven year old and let him get involved as mascot and water boy for each of their matches. At the end, each of them came out, shook his hand and thanked him for his support. In particular, Barry Bannan, Marc Albrighton, Gary Gardner, Elliot Parish and Ciaran Clark all spent time with him - talk about the highlight of his year...

Sid Cowans, BJ and Randy can rightly be proud of the lads they are developing in the club - they are fine representatives of the claret and blue both on and off the pitch.

Please pass this on to the appropriate persons if you get a chance.

Thanks and regards.

General, it is good to know that you are getting back to being fighting fit when we need to you to go over the top and give the Bloose board members a damn good seeing to - Marine style.

Anyway, i have a suggestion. With the club having increased their provision for corporate hospitality massively. Would there be any room for the accommodation of some sort of reward scheme for long standing season ticket holders in that when they have passed a certain barrier i.e. purchasing a season ticket for a continuous number of years, that they be given a voucher to attend 1 match of their choice in one of the corporate facilities. I am not a season tikcet holder as i can't committ to every Villa home game but just think of the possibilites for continued support from those that do and also the fact that some supporters may want to upgrade in the future. Just a thought.

General - taking the kit question further, as it is released on 13th August, when will get to view the kit?

Glad to see you are back, I am certain that your absence has led to most of the anxiety on here!

Dave

And to add to this, will we wear it in any of our pre-season games?

Cheers

Hi General,

Welcome back its nice to have you back in the fold.

I wanted to bring to your attention a very sad piece news that is being covered on the site at the moment, there have been many loses to US and British forces in recent weeks but one has been very close to home and the Villa family. The passing of young Rfn Joseph Murphy one of five soldiers from the 2nd Battalion The Rifles who were killed in Afghanistan last week, he was just 18 and was killed trying to carry a wounded friend to safety, Rfn Murphy was from Castle Bromwich and was a devoted Villa fan I didn't know him personally but nonetheless feel hugely saddened by the news.

As an ex service forces man yourself and an adopted member of the Villa Park family I thought I would make you aware in case there was anything the club could do for the family in memory of a brave young man.

Click here for more details

Regards

Trent

Hi General,

Welcome back its nice to have you back in the fold.

I wanted to bring to your attention a very sad piece news that is being covered on the site at the moment, there have been many loses to US and British forces in recent weeks but one has been very close to home and the Villa family. The passing of young Rfn Joseph Murphy one of five soldiers from the 2nd Battalion The Rifles who were killed in Afghanistan last week, he was just 18 and was killed trying to carry a wounded friend to safety, Rfn Murphy was from Castle Bromwich and was a devoted Villa fan I didn't know him personally but nonetheless feel hugely saddened by the news.

As an ex service forces man yourself and an adopted member of the Villa Park family I thought I would make you aware in case there was anything the club could do for the family in memory of a brave young man.

Click here for more details

Regards

Trent

Hi General

I would echo this. It seems he was a bit of an artist. I know Randy is a big art lover, how about a posthumous exhibition of some of his work at the ground next season or something?

General Krulak here:

1. Oaks: This is a question best answered by Nicky Keye at ticketing office.

2. geoff48: Again, call the ticketing office.

3. mikeyp102: We have looked hard at beginning an affiliation with some of the major football associations here in the US...to include universities and youth leagues. We believe there is real value in such an affiliation but we are not ready to "pull the trigger" on it yet. I have answered the question re. player fees paid by some Clubs before. Bottom Line: I don't think it is good for football but I do not see an end in sight right now.

4. radigan: Thank you for your post...it was good reading.

5. philvilla: Not a bad idea....the devil will be in the details. I will look into it.

6. trentvilla: We are aware of the sad events surrounding Rifleman Murphy...a true hero. The Club will be doing something and I have personally written a paragraph to be included in the effort to honour this soldier.

6. trentvilla: We are aware of the sad events surrounding Rifleman Murphy...a true hero. The Club will be doing something and I have personally written a paragraph to be included in the effort to honour this soldier.

Indeed he was and I'm delighted to hear that the club plan to do something I'm also touched as I'm sure the family will be that you have made a personal gesture such as that.

Respect and thanks as always General.

TV

General, thanks for taking the time to answer my question on regards rearranged games. I do understand you have no control over the TV games, but when we change our home games with us competing in the Europe League on a Thursday to the Sunday that are not on TV, it would help if Kick-Off times were 15.00 or later. I know the club can not please all, but it might be worth keeping in mind with a lot of fans going to games with their children that they too might have children who play Sunday football. The Kids league's usually state the latest kick-off times for them to start is 14.00. So most should be over come 15.00.

Also i have a season ticket for me and my 2 oldest children in the Holte End , around were i sit they are all mainly season ticket holders and there is not usually any seats left. At one game this season i would like to take my 5 year old daughter to her 1st game but i would like to stay in our own seats? Is it possible for her to sit with us on our seats and do i then just contact the ticket office before the game we chose, because it will mostly likley be a spare of the moment decision on the day?

I think it is great you take the time out to read and actually reply to every one. Every body should know by now MON always bides his time with transfer. He was like it at Celtic and he will keep doing it. Even thought we all get frustrated waiting and looking in the media wondering who and when . We are all the same, at work i have a colleague of mine who's in his late 50's and is the same. It just shows that you are never too old or young to want the best for your club. UP THE VILLA.

Hi General,

Absolutely delighted your back, really missed your input over the last few weeks.Just a quick question re the annoucement of transfers.

As your aware last year Villa made a brief statment on the Official Website re fee's being agreed with clubs and then later in the day WEBFLASH: MILNER SIGNS etc.

Today it has been reported elsewhere that Villa have reached an agreement to sign a player from another Premier club,with may or may not be true, will the Offical

Good morning General,

Spurred to send this as I got my new season ticket this morning with the flyer for Fiorentina

On Monday I made it through the roadworks to Villa Park ticket office to buy Fiorentina tickets.(pain in the butt but not your problem)

No problems getting where I wanted to sit (trying somewhere different than season ticket seat) however I don't actually have the tickets as "we're waiting for some to come in", we'll post them out to you.

All well and good but I find it a bit strange the ticket office had no tickets.

Please tell me this is an aberration to the generally professional approach I've had since the change in ownership.

General Krulak here:

1. A little information on Downing: He is a sensible, level-headed professional who has loads of character and a real love of the game. He is very anxious to get on the Pitch with our Squad and play years with folks like Young. Capello rates him very high and, obviously, so does Martin. He is our type of Lad!!! Yes, he is injured but at 24 (soon to be 25), we are not just getting him for today...but for tomorrow and the day after tomorrow. This was a good deal.

2. Both Randy and Martin have made it crystal clear that Young is NOT for sale. Do NOT be swayed by rumors.

3. Fiorentina tickets. Obviously this is an aberration...although it has happened before. Getting the tickets printed is not always timely.