General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

The General is still recuperating and is over the worst of his illness but it is expected to be some time before he is back.

As before when I hear anything I'll report it here.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well when the general gets back from his illness I have a question for him.......

When is the stadium announcement to be made and why didnt they announce it at the start of the summer?

Is it possible you could confirm the new capacity too? :D

Get well soon! :thumb:

I got an email yesterday and I'm sure he won't mind me telling you, seeing as you're asking, that he said he's "slowly getting better".

Ginfection.eneral Krulak here:

1. FIRST AND FOREMOST: Thank you ALL for your kind thoughts, words and prayers. Believe me, your messages did reach me and were very much appreciated. I won't go into a long drawn out description of what happened to me other than to say that I contracted a very severe bacterial infection of the stomach, intestines and colon and was in and out of the hospital twice....suffered one relapse but am on the mend right now. I still have 3 more weeks of an antibiotic regime to go through but hopefully that will kill the infection. My doctors are pretty confident they can get this stuff...so I am too. I still am a bit tired during the day but am getting my strength back. This has been very frustrating to me since I have gone thru a lot worse in my military career. To be laid low by some microscopic bugs just doesn't sit right with me. Again, thank you so much for all your kind words, thoughts and prayers.

2. Off the field: An awful lot has been going on. You all are aware of the friendly vs. Florentina...should be a fun outing for fans. Away shirt sales are going well and Season Ticket sales are a little bit above where we had projected them to be at this time. We are all very much aware of the economy and the impact on Season Tickets...this is a very tough time for the UK in general and the Birmingham area in particular. We are seeing some of this in the corporate arena but even there we are on our projections.

3. Construction: You all will be absolutely blown away by what is happening in the Holte Suite...internal and external. A large refubishment project has been ongoing to include the outside. As you know, Randy has always wanted to continue to bring the outsiide back to the way it was years ago. This project will do that and more. I think the fans will love what has been done. Likewise, the "Sky Lounge" is also nearing completion/ This was an unfinished area at the top of the stadium at the corner of the Holte and Trinity.

4. Transfer Window: As you know, I will not (and should not) comment on Transfers. Suffice it to say that MON is working this hard and knows what must be done. We have faith in MON. I know that at this time of year everyone gets very nervous and anxious...I recognize that fact and understand it. All I can say is keep the faith.

5. Again, thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. I still have a way to go but I will attempt to come back on the site every couple of days. UP THE VILLA!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for taking time out to send us all an update General - good to hear that you are on the mend and hope that the rest of the treatment goes well. Looking forward to seeing the refurbishment completed. I managed to take two of my nephews to the final match of the season for their first ever trip to Villa Park and they were in complete awe of the stadium - in particular the Hotel End. A great reminder of just how impressive our stadium is.

Looking forward to lots of congratulatory messages when MON announces our exciting new signings... :D