General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

General, just like to point out something about the offical travel.

Today was my first away game, and i enjoyed it muchly.

But, as i and many other fans did made the effort to get into Aston for 8.30am, the time the travel was MEANT to leave, it left at 8.50am. 20 minutes late.

And there was a slight mix up with the seats due to some being took out for wheelchair access and i would like to say the Lady taking names etc for Coach Number 2 did very well it sorting it out.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General, just like to point out something about the offical travel.

Today was my first away game, and i enjoyed it muchly.

But, as i and many other fans did made the effort to get into Aston for 8.30am, the time the travel was MEANT to leave, it left at 8.50am. 20 minutes late.

And there was a slight mix up with the seats due to some being took out for wheelchair access and i would like to say the Lady taking names etc for Coach Number 2 did very well it sorting it out.

The coaches leave late all the time, very annoying as you say when people make the effort to get there on time. Public transport doesnt wait around if you're late!

I don't know if anything like this has been done before or if something like this has been brought up before but my local team, Oxford United had a kind of prize draw where anyone who bought a season ticket before a certain date would go into the draw and the winner would have their season ticket paid for by the club, with the runner up getting to see one match from an executive box.

Might be an idea, who knows...

Gen.

We are all wondering about the away kit - and the general belief is we will probably have a white kit - with the 67 names of the England players in it.

Therefore, can I request something ?

Can you arrange for me to have a personalised one with the name "Steve Hodge" erased ! :D

Paul

General, have you seen the new kit yet?

I fancy an away kit this year and I'm quite excited that you've (Villa) have put the effort in to market this as something different and interesting. It nice to know that our custom isn't taken for granted you know?

Keep up the good work General, send Martin Laursen my regards.

General,

I've noticed that a significant number of news and media outlets are still using old (last season's) 32Red library images of our players. Stan Petrov's picture on the BBC website being a case in point.

I know it's lazy journalism & poor standards within the media and not our responsibility per se, but could our PR machine help by providing up to date 'Acorns' pictures of the players across the media base?

I was going to say it's a small thing but then again no it isn't! If the Daily Mail or the BBC was publishing pics of Wayne Rooney with Vodaphone rather than AIG on his chest I'm sure there would be no end of comments.

If we could help them to get it right - it would be good for the club and good for Acorns.

Semper Fi - UTV!

Notice from The Mods and AVFC

The General will not be around for a while as he has gone into hospital. He has picked up a bacterial infection and is in hospital for tests.

I'm sure all of you will join us in wishing the General a speedy recovery

There is a separate thread for any message you have for The General at this time. Here.

• 2 weeks later...

I am here primarily to register my disgust! I am angry about MON and Randy letting one of our best players go to a direct rival in Man City! More than anything I am angry at Barry himself. I and pretty much all Villa fans feel that if he went to a champions league team then fine I/we can accept that but to MAN CITY, one of our main rivals!

I see this as a step backwards and my optimism and excitement in regards to what I thought to be a club making great strides forward has been sucked right out of thanks to this. I am one of the biggest defenders of the current regime here on Villatalk, so for me to writing this means I am now myself asking serious questions about the future of Aston Villa and to be honest we will do well to finish mid table as we are now.

First Laursen's retirement and now selling our best player to one of our biggest rivals, where the hell has the ambition of Aston Villa football club gone?

We have lost our 2 best players (which I was ready for) but I thought Barry would only be allowed to leave for Champions League football, that was the impression the club and the player gave me, this hurts! Do you think Barca would sell Real Madrid Messi, or Milan sell Kaka to Inter? the Answer is NO! I am not blaming the general, however he is the only one that can let the people who run the club (MON and Randy) know how I and many other Villa fans feel. Anyway I am staying away from Villatalk, and anything Villa related until August, because this has really upset me! I was saving for a season ticket (I am poor so I have to save, plus I will have to travel from London) I will still save it, but I may not buy it as I do have other needs/wants which I may decide to satisfy first, it depends on how I feel! I am Villa till I die that will never change, but right now I need to get this out of my system.

Folks I know feelings are running high but this isn't the place for debate and its not the place to respond to other posters comments.

So can we keep this as questions to the general and also remember he is currently off the site ill and isn't avoiding questions before anyone suggests otherwise.

Gen,

Hope your on the mend.

I know your not supposed to talk about transfers but is there any chance you could put in a word for me to become a scout? I think I'd actually do a massive job for realatively nothing, and would earn the club millions in the long run! You know it makes sense gen!

Look foward to hearing from you and get well!

Why is the club so silent when only last week every Tom, Dick and Harry were giving their thoughts? Surely now is the time to reassure fans of the club's objectives since talk of Champions League does not seem to be matching up with what is happening at the club at the moment, nor the past 5 months for that matter.

Queston to the MODS.

I myself am concerned for the Gen (and I am sure I speak for everyone on here). It's been two weeks since any update which is worrying . If you know, could you please update on how he is.

Thanks

Err you posted in the thread where updates are going HERE. However, from now on I'll post them in this thread too.