Ratings & Reactions: Crystal Palace v Villa

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

Match Polls  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/05/24 at 22:59

Smart from Unai to play a load of deadwood to prove how poor our second string. We need investment to have a proper go at the PL and CL (and the two cups) next season. 

I’m sure Unai et al have the list drawn up already. 

Let's forget about today and focus on next season. Have a great summer guys! I’ll see you in the transfer threads! 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Eze or olise should be our number one priority.  Both players could take us next level so either one id be delighted with.

If it means selling JJ to get of thwm id reluctantly do it 

Should be targeting both!

Didn't see the game today but I expected a defeat before and certainly after the team was announced.

I think Emery was very cute today in choosing the team he did. It sent a very strong message to the owners that there is a real lack of quality in depth within the Villa squad! It was also a last chance for those players to convince the manager they were worth keeping.

I fully expect a revolving door concerning transfers in the summer to allow the manager to at least be competitive next season again as a lot of the current squad have reached their sell by date.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

last time we won the league title we lost a game comfortably 2-0 of course.

Let's put it right. I was there. It wasn't for want of trying. 

We haven't won anything this season. 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Players that dont want to leave London

I don't know on that. I bet if Liverpool seriously wanted either Olise or Eze both would be up there like a shot.

Maybe it's different with us but ultimately this is the chance with CL football on offer although FFP makes it more difficult for us than if we'd achieved this even five years ago.

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Didn't see the game today but I expected a defeat before and certainly after the team was announced.

I think Emery was very cute today in choosing the team he did. It sent a very strong message to the owners that there is a real lack of quality in depth within the Villa squad! It was also a last chance for those players to convince the manager they were worth keeping.

I fully expect a revolving door concerning transfers in the summer to allow the manager to at least be competitive next season again as a lot of the current squad have reached their sell by date.

Id love both but that would cost in excess of 100m and FFP restricts us unfortunately. 

I think eze might end up at spurs or chelsea which will be annoying as i love him as a player

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

Let's put it right. I was there. It wasn't for want of trying. 

We haven't won anything this season. 

O.k 95/96 we also finished 4th and lost three of our final four fixtures. Were people slagging off Brian Little in those times because he was playing Scott Murray and Neil Davis?

We achieved one of our season objectives and we've looked completely done for the last month in regards fitness. If anything was riding on today then Bailey, Pau and Tielemans would've been out there I'm sure.

It really dosen't need weeks of crying about this result on here although from the "race to 4th" thread in last three months we've seen for some reason certain posters seem to revel in us having a bad result and then making endless posts about how Man. United/Spurs were just going to breeze past us so just in people's nature I guess.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaChris said:

O.k 95/96 we also finished 4th and lost three of our final four fixtures. Were people slagging off Brian Little in those times because he was playing Scott Murray and Neil Davis?

We achieved one of our season objectives and we've looked completely done for the last month in regards fitness. If anything was riding on today then Bailey, Pau and Tielemans would've been out there I'm sure.

It really dosen't need weeks of crying about this result on here although from the "race to 4th" thread in last three months we've seen for some reason certain posters seem to revel in us having a bad result and then making endless posts about how Man. United/Spurs were just going to breeze past us so just in people's nature I guess.

I give credit where it's due. And criticism, I apply the same rule. I'm not one for petty hatreds either, with all that "Sky Six Scum" inferiority complex nonsense. That's just me. Like it or not!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Id love both but that would cost in excess of 100m and FFP restricts us unfortunately. 

I think eze might end up at spurs or chelsea which will be annoying as i love him as a player

No one really knows how restricted Villa or any other team are.

CL qualification, league placement and loans sent back plus sales should give Villa a much bigger budget in the summer. FFP rules are also going to be changed.

I fully expect Villa to be very active in the summer and they’ll need to be.

1 minute ago, striker said:

No one really knows how restricted Villa or any other team are.

CL qualification, league placement and loans sent back plus sales should give Villa a much bigger budget in the summer. FFP rules are also going to be changed.

I fully expect Villa to be very active in the summer and they’ll need to be.

I hope you are right but i do think a couple sales will need to happen for a big splurge in summer. 

I have no doubt for our owners to vote against the ffp rules they want to spend big.  The biggest issue as we know with scraping ffp is that newcastle could blow us out the water for any player

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

I do. Would Man City and their fans happily lose 5-0 if they had already won the league? Not a chance in hell. Being happy with defeat and not caring about losing is just a really really poor mindset to have.  

well i was there with 2500 others with apparently poor mindsets. none of us cared we were losing, it's been an amazing season. you do realise that the result literally didn't matter one bit right? not the smallest, tiniest bit? it means less than a pre season friendly in the grand scheme of things.

and no, city wouldn't care if they lost 5-0 today and they'd already won the league.

• Like 3

so, if emery was showing the owners that we were too thin beneath the starters, (which assumes that wouldn't simply trust his expertise to say so) and simultaneously giving marginal folks a chance to prove themselves, or make themselves marketable....  does that mean the Konsa, Luis, and McGinn, are all available for a decent offer?   I exclude Ollie on the theory that he was there to get a chance at 20.

i think one, maybe (Dougie)  but certainly not all three.   

(and I don't buy the "he had to start somebody in those spots and there was no-one else.  there were kids on the bench and kids at home that could have been on the field.)   bottom line, i don't buy that he's trying to prove something to the owners.  I do think, diego, lenlet, chambers, diaby, duran, as all as good as gone.  (Maybe Digne)

3 hours ago, Tayls said:

I do. Would Man City and their fans happily lose 5-0 if they had already won the league? Not a chance in hell. Being happy with defeat and not caring about losing is just a really really poor mindset to have.  

Not believing in your team all season is a far worse mindset, so your opinion won't bother me too much 😉

• Like 2

2 hours ago, striker said:

You might be overthinking it, basically the only players available.

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Incredible season.

Incredible team.

A fair few players embarrassed the club today but then they have most the time they've played this season.

They've been carried all season and deserve no accolades or deflected glory.

Name names.

Top and tails have been games to forget, but the hard work was done in-between.

Not a fan of Konsa at right back, mind. I've noticed that teams are starting to target him - he's not a wide defender and it shows.

10 hours ago, Tayls said:

Everyone at the club should be ashamed with that. Doesn’t set us up nicely for the next campaign at all. 

Yes you are right we start on -15 points now....

Â