Match Thread: Crystal Palace v Villa

Don't think we've been that bad. Mateta is clinical atm. 

Would like to see Kesler and Konsa moved into the middle.

Diaby has shown some promise, I have high hopes for him next season. 

I don't care what happens today obviously but I will say defensively we have been dreadful all season. A serious weak point for us. I do hope that gets addressed over the summer/next season because we can't be shipping 60 odd goals ffs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

I'm actually gonna switch to the City game.

No interest in watching this when they have the beach mentality, I don't see the point.

🤮I’d rather go outside and watch the floor than watch city win the league. 

Can unai please give some youngsters a half? Get timmy on for chambers and kesler for carlos. Put konsa back at cb and kesler at rb

What we got to lose we already losing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Yeah I know. Like I said it's just a slight worry. 

I think the players will take more momentum out of finishing 4th and coming back and getting a draw against Liverpool (first time in 35 years they've not won when 2 goals ahead in the 80th minute or something).  Hopefully the players get a nice long rest and come back into pre-season fit and hungry.  A couple of additions, a few players returning from injury and things will look good again. 🙂

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im not sure i agree with that. If we sell carlos and ramsey for example we could get the 60m needed to get one of them

We need to prioritise in other positions but lets see..

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Hope we try to sign olise

I know alot of posters wont agree but if it meant selling ramsey and we could get olise or eze i would do this

• Like 1

Just now, Farlz said:

I don't care what happens today obviously but I will say defensively we have been dreadful all season. A serious weak point for us. I do hope that gets addressed over the summer/next season because we can't be shipping 60 odd goals ffs. 

Tbh, we’ve had to make do with 4/5th choice CBs and using Ezri at RB when Cash isn’t playing. It’s been far from ideal. But also a reflection of the season. Hopefully Pau will be over his fitness issues 

23 minutes ago, Tayls said:

All the teams winning that should be winning towards the top end of the table. All apart from us, obvs. 

Should we? Aren't Crystal Palace in far better form than us? 

And they've got something to play for when we haven't? 

Just now, VillaAlex said:

Don't think we've been that bad. Mateta is clinical atm. 

Would like to see Kesler and Konsa moved into the middle.

Diaby has shown some promise, I have high hopes for him next season. 

Can't watch it today, but looking at the stats, the only ones we're behind on are shots on target, and goals scored.

Appreciate that these are the only ones that ultimately count, but it's clearly not been one way traffic by any means 

Think all this game shows it something we've known all season. Outside our first XI, who can give anyone a game, we're lacking any serious quality. That'll come with time and a few windows to build a quality Emery squad.

Would have been nice to sign off with a win but it was always a big ask for these players.

• Like 3

Well for a match that doesn't matter, playing with the bare bones of the team, after winning a place in Europe

Why are so many posts so pessimistic. Come on sod the result, the only result we want is for Ollie to score 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Not sure why your bothered. Most of the team certainly ain't.

I never like seeing us lose and defend pathetically. It’s a nothing game but Liverpool have got nothing to play for against wolves and still turn up.

Difference between us and serial winners I guess.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Leeroy said:

Mateta was absolutely useless up until about 2 months ago, now he’s playing like he’s better than Ollie, ridiculous.

That’s what getting a really good manager in can do (Glasner). Much like Watkins and Emery actually.

• Like 2

Just now, NorthEastVillan said:

Think all this game shows it something we've known all season. Outside our first XI, who can give anyone a game, we're lacking any serious quality. That'll come with time and a few windows to build a quality Emery squad.

Would have been nice to sign off with a win but it was always a big ask for these players.

Been saying this since the beginning of the season. We have a good first 11, that's it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Well for a match that doesn't matter, playing with the bare bones of the team, after winning a place in Europe

Why are so many posts so pessimistic. Come on sod the result, the only result we want is for Ollie to score 

ummm....maybe because this is the match thread?