Conor Gallagher

4 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Exactly, we both "overpay" for each player and it's a way of solving FFP for us this season. 

Surely the UEFA wages to turnover ratio is a bigger issue?

With plenty of extra games next season, we need a bigger squad.  Not really sure on his quality to be honest but if Unai wants him then he must be a quality player.  

We need two excellent players in every position. That’s minimum for Champions League. But Unai can craft good clay into essential squad gold like some football alchemist. Even Olsen is better. 

All said, Gallagher doesn’t really fit the profile of a Monchi target, imo. Too high profile, too coached over by other systems, too pricey, too London. 

17 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Well Emery himself said we have very little to spend, because of these bullshit rules. So it's not a massive leap to think someone will have to go, sadly and as ridiculous as it is given where we are now.

Yeah but Emery also said sometimes you can't just sell certain players to have money in the bank, as there is a bigger picture etc.

It's like people keep conveniently ignoring all the Deadwood we have and other youngsters which aren't quite up there we can clear off the books before we start selling our main players or elite " prospects ".

I'm not saying we won't have to but I'm sure there are multiple ways we can manage this 

• Like 1

One of those players that plateaued for a while but has kicked on again. Poch has taken time but finally found a way to get that team playing, in particular Gallagher.  We are short in centre midfield so he would be a great acquisition. Got grit to him as well.  Forget the last 2 years and concentrate on the last 3 months. He has been quality, and i really didnt think he would be, which shows what i know . 

• Like 1

He always plays well against us, so a bit surprising that some don't rate him. English tax though and don't see us prioritising a player at his cost. 

Can’t see this happening, I think it’s just agent games to get him a better deal. 

I don’t like him, not sure why, but when I look around the rest of the Chelsea squad, I don’t like any of them either! Same goes for the other 18 teams in the league.

He is a good player though and I’d take him at Villa to add more quality to a squad that’s going to need it. The cost could be prohibitive but if there’s some way of getting him that’s affordable with FFP then fine. Unai has my full trust now. 

3 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I'd love to have him, if we didn't have an issue with money. Since we do have an issue with money, he's out of reach.

He’s not if we work a deal out with them for Duran and Luiz/Ramsey leave 

53 minutes ago, STO said:

With plenty of extra games next season

Not to jump on this one opening to a sentence but we played 14 games in the UCL - that would get us to the final of the CL in the new format I think? I get they will be harder games but I think we will likely play fewer in 2024/25 than 23/24.

20 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

He always plays well against us, so a bit surprising that some don't rate him

Stan Lazaridis used to turn into Ronaldinho whenever he played us but I saw enough of the rest of his games to make me think we shouldn’t sign him ;)

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s not if we work a deal out with them for Duran and Luiz/Ramsey leave 

I don't want him, or anyone else, at the expense of those guys.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I don't want him, or anyone else, at the expense of those guys.

I’d wager a lot of money 2 of those 3 players are going to leave. 

4 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

This is definitely true. Wes and Todd Boehly (who owns Chelsea) are co-owners of various businesses in the US (via Fortress and Clearlake respectively).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

This is definitely true. Wes and Todd Boehly (who owns Chelsea) are co-owners of various businesses in the US (via Fortress and Clearlake respectively).

When did they get married?!

• Haha 3

Â