New Walkout Music

maqroll

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, DaoDeMings said:

If we're going off what's modern then surely it would be something grime/hip hop...?

This would definitely get the crowd pumping … rather than its bigger than hip hop hip hop etc. the crowd could sing - we’re bigger than league 1 small Heath shit club 😆 

Edited by thabucks
  • Sad 1

We need to evolve and shake the loose affiliation we have with Black Sabbath. That screeching voice ALLL ABOAAAARD through the tanoy PA system gives me a **** migraine. 

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Metal hasn't been popular since the late 80's.

Surely there's something we can do that isn't that?

My thoughts too. I like crazy train and I do like ozzy, and metal in general, but there’s been a lot of music made between then and now… surely there’s something that would be as good? 

What about ‘in the house in a heart beat’, it’s instrumental but it’s build and builds, would be really good for intimidating the opposition:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Cringey walkout songs are pretty normal in football. Olympique Marseille come out to Van Halen's - Jump for example. 

Ugh, Jump. What a missed opportunity for them. Don't they know about

or

Posted (edited)

If it's any Sabbath song it should be War Pigs with the sirens at the start cranked up. Would work really well imo

Edited by Milfner
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Just celebrate our return to the highest echelons of football. It’s got to  be theme from an unmade silent  movie for one season.

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

Don't mind it.

We had Escape for years and was o.k with that and it usually comes back if the change dosen't work.

Remember Elphick picking some weird tune that lasted about five games and then we came out to the darts music that people just chanted "Conor Hourihane" to? Summed up the championship years.

Bells are Ringing was a disaster when that was reworked aswell, sounded like we were coming out to a funeral which summed that period up well.

Uefa have their own intro they like teams to walk out to so that will be different entrance next season before the well known anthem comes on after.

10 hours ago, Callum said:

We need to evolve and shake the loose affiliation we have with Black Sabbath. That screeching voice ALLL ABOAAAARD through the tanoy PA system gives me a **** migraine. 

Tell that to Geezer! Some of the other stuff they play before Crazy Train gives many of us a migraine too...there is no pleasing everyone, other than last night, that is. :flag:

Geezer butler (black sabbath) - aston villa | MARCA English

6 minutes ago, John said:

Tell that to Geezer! Some of the other stuff they play before Crazy Train gives many of us a migraine too...there is no pleasing everyone, other than last night, that is. :flag:

Geezer butler (black sabbath) - aston villa | MARCA English

Ahh mate, no disrespect meant. I'm well aware of the they role they played in defining metal and heavier music, I'm typically a big fan of the genre, I just dont think the music sounds pleasant while the players are walking out. Would prefer something more energetic and melodic, that the home fans consistently sing to welcome the boys onto the pitch, setting the tone for the game ahead. Nobody sings along to Crazy Train.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Love Vince DiCola, but this song should be strictly reserved for ending the Cold War or riding armoured Lazer dragons into battle.

• Like 1

Just now, GarethRDR said:

Love Vince DiCola, but this song should be strictly reserved for ending the Cold War or riding armoured Lazer dragons into battle.

I am an 80s child and it just gets me going most would have no idea of the film context 😜  

Just fits the team walking onto a pitch for me to battle.

I personally like Crazy Train and its playing at games coincided with is having our best season in nearly 30 years. 

Much like Sweet Caroline and High Ho Silver Lining I think it’s ingrained in the matchday experience now. Might change my mind in 12 months though if I start getting bored with it.

• Like 1

A couple have said it already but I've no idea why we specifically chose an Ozzy solo track when we have a whole catalogue of great Black Sabbath songs to choose from. Feels like the sirens at the beginning of War Pigs would be so perfect for walkout music.

That said, in this era, it really feels like we should have some kind of aggressive hip hop to motivate our much younger fanbase and players. You can't tell me Douglas Luiz is listening to Led Zeppelin on his AirPods on the team bus.

Also, while the intro riff in Crazy Train is good, the rest of it as absolutely w*nk.

1 hour ago, Callum said:

Ahh mate, no disrespect meant. I'm well aware of the they role they played in defining metal and heavier music, I'm typically a big fan of the genre, I just dont think the music sounds pleasant while the players are walking out. Would prefer something more energetic and melodic, that the home fans consistently sing to welcome the boys onto the pitch, setting the tone for the game ahead. Nobody sings along to Crazy Train.

We do! :D 

Â