Match Thread: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

Just now, Villa87 said:

Surely we’ve just got to throw absolutely everything at this now?! We will be vulnerable to them passing through the lines now. 

Liverpool won't defend for their lives, so the possibilities are there.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Showing your age

So comforting to have stattos like you around to remind us when we lose games that we 'won' them on xG.

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

I'm aware.

Thanks. Not sure what that has to do with us not taking more chances from range.

But thanks.

Nothing. That’s a completely different point that nobody was making. 

It’s also a terrible point but whatever 😂

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

It all starts from the midfield though. And youri in there means we don’t need to see Mcginn and Luiz together 

I get that, sure, but Kamara has been a much bigger miss in midfield defensively. And I reckon also the reason Doug's form has plummeted. Don't get me wrong I love Youri, and he makes our first team way better, but in that instance I don't think we would have been '5 goal swing' better.

2 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

How in McGrath's name are those lines straight? If they're drawn at the correct angle that would be offside. 

How many have you had tonight?

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I've seen bacuna put a striker though on goal with a back pass from half way in the opponents half while Richards and Lescott amble back to stop it

I've seen attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion

• Haha 1

Just now, est1874 said:

So comforting to have stattos like you around to remind us when we lose games that we 'won' them on xG.

Not what I’m doing but if it makes you feel better. 

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

The second “error” people are blaming him for is the bizarre one to me. First goal is clearly an atrocious error.

It's not so striking error, but he should've done better there too. Olsen does that and everyone here screams how Emi saves that without hands.