Pre Match Thread - Cup Final 9 of 10

Posted (edited)

There hasn't be any update has there regarding injuries since Thursday night? I'd hope there is a decent chance Tielemans makes this game given he was apparently close. I think he is crucial to our chances. Hopefully Zaniolo and Moreno could be back as well.

A midfield of Luiz, Tielemans and McGinn behind Bailey, Zaniolo and Watkins offers plenty of threat and also freshens things up from recent games. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Bit like recent games, we need to  find a way of giving additional support to McGinn and Luiz, whether that’s a tweak in formation or a change of personnel? We’ve been essentially playing with four in front of these two and it’s killing us. Hopefully, Tielemans, Zaniolo and Moreno return to the squad and can play some part? Otherwise, perhaps Iroegbunum plays alongside Luiz and McGinn further forward?  Assuming Bailey is a major doubt to start as could barely walk by the end in the last game:

…………...…...Martinez………………..

Cash…..Konsa……Pau…..Digne

………….Tielemans…Luiz……….

Diaby..….….McGinn.……..Zaniolo

………………..…Watkins….…………….. 

Subs: Olsen, Gauci, KKH, Moreno, Carlos, Lenglet, Iroegbunum, Bailey, Duran

Try and get 60 minutes out of some and 30 minutes out of others. Tough, tough game and just can’t really see a win here.  Going for 1-1 and Watkins to get that elusive 20th league goal UTV

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

There hasn't be any update has there regarding injuries since Thursday night? I'd hope there is a decent chance Tielemans makes this game given he was apparently close. I think the is crucial to our chances. Hopefully Zaniolo and Moreno could be back as well.

A midfield of Luiz, Tielemans and McGinn behind Bailey, Zaniolo and Watkins offers plenty of threat and also freshens things up from recent games. 

• Thanks 1

I think we will put in a good performance tonight. Whether that will be enough, time will tell but I think the fact that nobody is expecting us to win, will help the lad’s enormously. I also expect that the fans will be on it too and maybe that will be enough for a monumental victory. Let’s hope so. UTV. SOTC. COYVB.

Martinez

Konsa / Carlos / Torres / Digne

Cash / Luiz / Tielemans / McGinn

Diaby / Watkins

Bench: Gauci / Olson / KKH / Lenglet / Moreno / Tim / Bailey / Duran  / +1 youth

I think that's what we'll see tonight. Bailey has looked like he's playing with an injury and it's clearly affecting him. I'd have him on the bench and try and get 20 mins out of him if we need him.

We’ve only beat these b**tards twice in the last 20 years at VP that is simply not good enough close to man united records hence why i hate both these sides with a passion 😤 we got to change this in our favour now it should be a new era

10 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

The match tomorrow is more important, as I'm guessing we will let these walk all over us tonight.

That's the spirit.

• Like 1

Goalkeepers: Martinez, Olsen, Gauci
Defenders: Cash, Carlos, Konsa, Digne, Torres, Lenglet, Kesler-Hayden, Munroe, Chambers
Midfielders: McGinn, Luiz, Iroegbunam, Patterson, Kellyman
Attackers: Diaby, Bailey, Watkins, Duran
In doubt: Tielemans, Zaniolo, Moreno, Rogers
Out: Kamara, Mings, Buendia, Ramsey

We're running on fumes.  Might actually see Watkins and Duran up top, or dare I say it, Cash at RM ☠️

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Goalkeepers: Martinez, Olsen, Gauci
Defenders: Cash, Carlos, Konsa, Digne, Torres, Lenglet, Kesler-Hayden, Munroe, Chambers
Midfielders: McGinn, Luiz, Iroegbunam, Patterson, Kellyman
Attackers: Diaby, Bailey, Watkins, Duran
In doubt: Tielemans, Zaniolo, Moreno, Rogers
Out: Kamara, Mings, Buendia, Ramsey

We're running on fumes.  Might actually see Watkins and Duran up top, or dare I say it, Cash at RM ☠️

or a canny 

1- 9 - 1 seeing as we have so many defenders 

Edited by Follyfoot

I'd think about putting Pau in Kamara's role tonight if Youri isn't fit. I don't really want to see a McGinn and Luiz pairing again if it cant be helped.