Match Thread: Brighton v Villa

limpid

Good stop by Olsen to be fair.

We have contributed nothing to this first half, we should be ashamed. Brighton have nothing to play for and have had several chances, I don’t even really remember a shot from us. It simply isn’t good enough.

We can’t keep playing like this for the rest of the season. You’d think we were the ones stuck in mid table with nothing to play for rather than Brighton.

I’ve seen this Villa performance a thousand times. We passively wait for them to score before making a token effort for 20 minutes before again falling back into a passive state as they comfortably see the game out. Not often you say that about this version of Aston Villa but Brighton are 100% winning this match. So unbelievably flat!

Our key players seems to be very nervous and without confidence. Watkins, McGinn, Torres, Digne and Konza all take too many touches when getting the ball, never play the easy pass which create spaces and room and do almost everything tactically wrong. 

Olsen our best player after that big save. But McGinn and Watkins must step up. Most important 45 minutes of the season now.

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

We win games that Bailey is heavily involved in. 

He's been invisible so far.

Meanwhile, Olsen in the MOTM.

As I said earlier, we've got to get the ball to him quicker and pour forward to support him. That's us at our best. The stop start attacks are killing our fluidity. 

• Like 1

Olsen MOTH, What shows how poor we have been. 

Brighton ain’t much better, and it be a crying shame if we can’t get a win off these.

more energy, more footwork and we got the game 

1 minute ago, Villa87 said:

My concern too. We’ve just got nothing at the minute. Hoping for a scrappy goal because we look absolutely impotent. 

We'll get less than 70 points 

And finish 4th 

• Like 1

We've not been good, the passing hasn't been good enough, we don't look sharp or crisp without the ball and with yet another midfield injury, our ability to create things is hugely reduced - we've got the ball over the top to Ollie or a moment of magic down the flanks - the middle is gone.

Brighton have been the better side, but we're worked really hard, we've stayed calm and Olsen has kept us in it.

We need to find a plan B for a jigsaw with a lot of missing parts - we've got a great manager, but miracles are difficult.

We might need to bring on Iroegbunam just for balance.

• Like 1

We have nothing in central midfield. Mcginn and Luiz have been shocking. Coupled with Bailey on the beach I’d take him off and get Tim on to get some control 

Just now, Stockbridgehibby said:

That Olsen save was from a very similar move to the second Olimpiacos goal.  He got down to it this time

Yep almost like for like

He kicked his leg out this time