Match Thread: Brighton v Villa

limpid

3 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

One game. It's the same as when Cash plays RM, he did well v Burnley but dreadful the rest of the time he's played there. McGinn has been poor in this role majority of the time. 

He hasn't. Just had a bad game midweek. Who else should play there btw?

Just now, Robtaylor200 said:

Well this is shite isn't it. No energy, and caught ball watching. Give them a bloody rolloking Unai 

You can't yell away exhaustion.

• Like 1

We've had some really, really terrible halfs recently. First against Lille, Olympiacos, Chelsea. Jesus. Limping over the line.

Just now, Villa87 said:

Fair play to Olsen. 

Yup, I've given him pelters at times, and I stand by it, but he's been solid today, keeping us in this one

• Like 1

Fair play Olsen, best player by a mile so far. The rest look as though they’ve ran a marathon prior, as usual these days.

• Like 1

Our players seem gassed and with yet another injury, I think we need to rely on Spurs losing their games now.

The semi final seems over. These players are shattered and we are down the bare bones.

Just now, DCJonah said:

Very worried we are going to fail to get top 4 from this position. 

We look completely done as a team. 

My concern too. We’ve just got nothing at the minute. Hoping for a scrappy goal because we look absolutely impotent. 

We’re clearly exhausted both mentally and physically but I’m pretty sure that a large part of that first half performance was energy preservation. 

• Like 1