limpid

Match Polls  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, ianifratti said:

Chelsea pressed really well but we barely strung 2 passes together. Possibly Luiz worst performance in a Villa shirt but most were below average. I expected a different Villa to come out in the second half but it was just more of the same 

When I seen Olsen coming on, I kind of sensed that they smelt blood. They really upped their intensity after the break, causing us to panic in possession. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

High pressing physical sides are emery's achilles heal. They fully deserved to win that tonight, we were lucky to get a point.

However good sides get a point when they should lose, and a point could make the difference with spurs run in.

It's definitely something  that needs more of a gameplan for next season 

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Literally not true, but wouldn’t expect anything less from you

Ok, so you believe it'd all wrapped up with a game to spare? 

Could you express an opinion once please quote master? You're like a kind of toy with a string, always sounds like the same...

Just now, one_ian_taylor said:

It's definitely something  that needs more of a gameplan for next season 

I'd say we need a strong dominant centre midfielder 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Could you express an opinion once please quote master? You're like a kind of toy with a string, always sounds like the same...

I think if we beat Brighton or Liverpool it will be wrapped up before palace yes. And I think there’s a good chance we win one of those games. 

I’ve expressed this opinion many, many times. 

As usual you are settling on the absolute worst case scenario. Just like you did when you assured us all that finishing 6th was a certainty. 

How did that go?

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

I really wonder if people posting sometimes actually watched the game.

Yeah, I did pal, from start to finish… and I saw us 2-0 up with Emi on the pitch, and 2-2 at full time with 45 minutes of Olsen…

We were SHITE in the second half, collectively… but don’t tell me that we wouldn’t have stood a better chance of walking away with all three points had Emi stayed on…

Thats why he is our first choice goalkeeper…

• Like 1

Just now, Nigel said:

I'd say we need a strong dominant centre midfielder 

We have one but he's out, probably at least until October. We need a backup. After Tielemans got hurt today, we were back to Doug and McGinn in the double pivot, which rarely works well.

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Um that's kinda of hilarious, when your posts would be the most repetitive narrative on this site 🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Yeah, I did pal, from start to finish… and I saw us 2-0 up with Emi on the pitch, and 2-2 at full time with 45 minutes of Olsen…

We were SHITE in the second half, collectively… but don’t tell me that we wouldn’t have stood a better chance of walking away with all three points had Emi stayed on…

Who was injured. What else could we do?

As a collective I've never seen so many players with such poor first touches and misplaced passes as I have tonight. Number of them turned straight into trouble in the centre of the park and a lot of them not playing the ball but worrying too much about the man.

Good job we were clinical with what we did create that point could be huge. The players are nackered and we are running out of stream.

For me Carlos has to play and Konsa needs to be at RB. The way they control the possession allows us to slow the game down and save energy, perhaps its not the best set up against a team that plays out and out wingers but it impacts our overall build up so much.

1 minute ago, DJ_Villain said:

I don’t think it massively mattered who was in goal. Martinez wouldn’t have saved either of Chelsea’s effort, although there’s a possible argument that we may have had more attacking success from the build ups we do - but that’s so marginal given we didn’t do it much in the first half either. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, TomC said:

We have one but he's out, probably at least until October. We need a backup. After Tielemans got hurt today, we were back to Doug and McGinn in the double pivot, which rarely works well.

Tielemans and kamara are both great, but neither are a dominant midfielder...we need a beast, someone who probably fights bears on his off days.

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Tielemans is great, bit he's not a dominant midfielder...we need a beast, someone who probably fights bears on his off days.

Agreed. I was referring to Kamara. We need another Kamara-type to get us through to October.

I don't think it's any coincidence that Doug's form has dipped without Kamara.

Edited by TomC
Corrected "form" from "from"
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

How many matches have we played this season?

How many injuries have we endured?

Where are we on the table?

Semi final of a trophy....

I know moaning is a staple of VT, but some people actually need to go lie down and stop typing absolute garbage.

I'm going to go enjoy being a Villa supporter, some of you might want to give it a try...

😆😆 so when we play terrible, we have to not say anything because we then don't support villa ? 

How old are you ? 7 ?

Â