Match Thread: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I don't actually want to see Saka injured.

I would like to stop seeing him pretend to be injured however.

I want to see him limp off, pulling a muscle by over reacting to nothing 

3 minutes ago, striker said:

I’m a real hater of the high line Emery plays as it leaves the team wide open for the through ball to runners from midfield particularly a team like Arsenal but Villa have done well so far.

Carlos has been imperious at the back having now reached full match fitness again while Martinez’s save was world class.

Going forward Villa hold a threat but Watkins needs to work on his first touch as his hold up play is so frustratingly poor at times! Villa won’t have the ball much in the second half so it’s important that Watkins holds it better. He was very unlucky hitting the inside of the post however!

Emery’s tactics are working so far. It’s like an away European performance which will stand Villa in good stead for the return leg against Lille who aren’t as good as Arsenal.

As I'm sure you've been told every time you moan about the high line....we wouldn't be 4th in the league without it. And I'll give you a clue that we wouldn't be any higher either. 

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Possibly a dumb question, but how is a shot which goes off the inside of the post not a shot on target?

On target is between the bar/posts, not hitting them or going over/wide.

Come on boys. You don’t mind the result when you see this sort of application and desire. Playing for each other, playing for the manager, playing for the shirt. Running on fumes, probably mentally exhausted, physically tired and still showing up. What a time for us. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

I agree...

...but you specifically commented on an "Arsenal wank fest" on Sky.  They've largely been the side worth discussing.

It is a wankfest. Just listen to them, all Arsenal. They were all Liverpool and hardly any respect for Palace at full time. rocket polishers.

Pull back on Diaby for the Ollie hitting the.post chance was a yellow card and giving them the ball for a head injury when we had the ball before he blew up, wtf shit refereeing again.

Played well, far better than I thought we would, Rogers looks like he's played for us for seasons, so good.

Martinez,  best keeper in the premier league and Ollie thr best striker on the pitch.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Possibly a dumb question, but how is a shot which goes off the inside of the post not a shot on target?

It did not require someone to prevent it going in. I know it sounds silly but of course that makes it off-target.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well if it was on target then it wouldn’t hit the post, it would go straight into the goal unless saved by the other side. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

TBF they are playing to go top and for the title. 

We are fighting for either fourth or fifth, and they have mentioned that a few times. 

I stand by my petty blinkered rant 

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I also have the same bet

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Woodwork is never classed as a shot on target.

• Like 1