Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Brentford

limpid

Match Polls  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/04/24 at 22:59

The way we just switch off in games is worrying, pathetic, disgraceful, sad, moronic, baffling, unacceptable and infuriating.

• Like 3

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

All things considered, it couldn't have gone much worse. I mean it could have gone one point worse, but draws are pretty much useless at this stage, especially at home. The Luiz suspension leaves us once again with essentially nothing in reserve in central midfield for the next two matches. 

Nah. It was very bad but could've been so much worse. Surrendering a two goal lead is always terrible but it would've been so much worse if we weren't able to come back and get a point.

We have never lost a 2-0 lead under Emery until today. It's a myth that only the fans perpetuate because they are too stupid not to panic when we are still winning.

In the end, it was bound to happen because of our serially whinging fanbase.

Just now, Zero7 said:

Playing konsa at RB and not in the center next. To pay is costing us. 9 minutes of madness 

Cash being injured probably didn’t give us a whole lot of choice ? 

• Like 2

Just now, Mantis said:

Nah. It was very bad but could've been so much worse. Surrendering a two goal lead is always terrible but it would've been so much worse if we weren't able to come back and get a point.

'All things considered, it couldn't have gone much worse. I mean it could have gone one point worse, but draws are pretty much useless at this stage, especially at home.'

Getting a draw from a losing position late on does show character, but only after we **** ourselves in the ass.

As Bof said before the match, if you can't beat Brentford at home, you don't deserve Champions League and at this particular moment in time, we don't deserve it, primarily because we had this game in the bag.

There will be people spinning it that is was a good point, but that collapse was utterly pathetic. 

Hard to put your finger on it, but there is something about this team that when we gain the advantage, we suddenly think we can stroke it around as though we are Brazil. We aren't and you don't have the time we want. We need to maintain the urgency that got us into a good position, automatically without thinking, so why don't we?

Took us going behind to push again and that is not good enough.    

• Like 3

Just now, gilbertoAVFC said:

We have never lost a 2-0 lead under Emery until today. It's a myth that only the fans perpetuate because they are too stupid not to panic when we are still winning.

In the end, it was bound to happen because of our serially whinging fanbase.

We lost one at Old Trafford on Boxing Day. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It's obviously a poor result, but I'm not sure how much of this is on Emery persay.

We had all of the ball, took a 2-0 lead and were cruising but then had arguably the worst 10 mins I've seen us play... ever.  Just completely cut open for 3 easy goals.

That weird blip aside, we looked decent and actually managed to break down a team sitting deep.

We honestly were unlucky not to score four today. It was that sort of game. 

• Like 2

How did we not get a pen in the first half?, Cus the ref had made his mind up before the corner was taken that he would call a foul on Diego. Ref and VAR rubbish.

Having said that our defending was shocking. Thank God Ollie was up for it else that would have been a loss.

Their managers a tit and so are half his players. Think their left back has played against us six times this season for various clubs?.

O well on to Thursday.

Also looks like a few posters couldn't wait to post after not getting the win.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Stop with this bed wetting comment. There is so much at stake now, conceding 3 against Brentford was poor. We need 3 points against all the shit at least.

It was well embarrassing, still time to win the game and, even though most refrained from telling people to die, lots saying we've blown 4th and worse. Had we won that 4-3, which we were close to doing despite a stone wall pen refused and a total fluke of a goal for them, then what do those reactions look like then?!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

'All things considered, it couldn't have gone much worse. I mean it could have gone one point worse, but draws are pretty much useless at this stage, especially at home.'

Yes I saw that? And again, I'll repeat: it was bad but could've been much worse, and not just because of the point (which isn't "pretty much useless"). Psychologically it would've been far more damaging if we hadn't come back with a late equaliser.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we avoided the loss in the end, but that is a very poor result, especially from 2-0 up.

One of our players admitted that we tend to relax too much when we're 2 up and it's something we need to work on (I think it was Ollie post-Forest, I might be wrong). It seems that nothing has changed. Completely switched off for their first goal and then we lost all control and our heads totally dropped. It's so bloody infuriating as we had a great chance to solidify our position. We absolutely need to be beating teams like this at home when we have a healthy lead.

4 minutes ago, sne said:

The way we just switch off in games is worrying, pathetic, disgraceful, sad, moronic, baffling, unacceptable and infuriating.

It’s alway between 46-65 - maybe Don Unai tells them to relax and the players take this as a cue to go to sleep.