The confessions thread - clean edition

Xela

I'm pretty sure we've had a confessions thread before, but predictably it slipped into filth and depravity and was probably deleted. So this is the PG version 

Anything you want to fess up to, that has been playing on your mind?

I'll start...

I once purchased a UB40 album :(

pray for Xela

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I have been to the sty to watch small heath

I went with a mate from school who was a ST holder as he had a spare ticket, it was as bad as you can imagine and this was about 25 years ago.

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

I'm pretty sure we've had a confessions thread before, but predictably it slipped into filth and depravity and was probably deleted. So this is the PG version 

Anything you want to fess up to, that has been playing on your mind?

I'll start...

I once purchased a UB40 album :(

pray for Xela

Never apologise for art! Nobody spent their whole life listening to great music, we all started with some horrendous shite, even the coolest kids.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Genie said:

I went with a mate from school who was a ST holder as he had a spare ticket, it was as bad as you can imagine and this was about 25 years ago.

Always apologise for going to the sty to watch small heath! Nobody should ever need to suffer that kind of disease and famine.

I stole an Easter egg from my kids and played dumb when they noticed it had gone. My wife shared it with me though. Demolished with a cup of tea whilst we watched an episode of Shogun.

Full disclosure, we do this every year, and at Christmas.

I feel more guilty this year, it was a good egg. It was a maltesers one with the biscuit inside.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Genie said:

I went twice as a kid with the blues supporting family that used to live opposite us. it was the 'kids for a quid' time. Must have been the Barry Fry era. Not surprisingly they failed to win either game. In one, if memory serves, they lost in the last minute! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

I went twice as a kid with the blues supporting family that used to live opposite us. it was the 'kids for a quid' time. Must have been the Barry Fry era. Not surprisingly they failed to win either game. In one, if memory serves, they lost in the last minute! 

I think it might have been kids for a quid when I went.

One thing I remember was that they had chants taking the piss out of the their own fans. “you only come to the quid games, come to the quiiid games” and “your shirt is 5 years old”

Ive never known another fan base that insults its own fans like that. 

Yep, another for the "kids a quid" gang. 

My uncle was a season ticket holder.  I never went with him, I'd always go as a 13/14 year old with my brother, but I imagine it was my uncle who told my brother that was the deal and hey, it was football (kind of).  Probably went about 5/6 times in total.  Darren Purse/Stan Lazaridis/AJ era I think.  Definitely Darren Purse, he was an absolute thug. 

The best thing about it was regardless of what opposition player was coming onto the pitch, before the announcement the crowd "Shushed" and then screamed "WHO?!" when they came on.   Thought that was quite funny.  

But its definitely a pretty depressing place to go, and that would have been about 2000/20001!  

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

As a child, my first ever LP I purchased was Mistletoe and Wine, still have nightmares now 

Mine was “Do the Bartman”. Bought it from Woolworths

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I semi-regularly go and watch Cov play and have to admit I have a soft spot for them

Edited by Stevo985
  • Shocked 4

59 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

As a child, my first ever LP I purchased was Mistletoe and Wine, still have nightmares now 

might have told this previously  but ..

with the NCT group we did a curry and vinyl night  , basically bring a record along that meant something to you and why ( not really my bag , but despite them being soppy Guardian reading lefties they are an ok bunch so we are friends and  thus have random nights out ) 

Russ played Julia's song by OMD , the story of picking it was that he gone to a party pulled some girl , woke up the next morning in her room and there was a picture of her with Andy Mccluskey ( from OMD for those who are Philistines and don't know who he is) .. He said oh cool  , how did you meet Mccluskey , she replied I was in a band with him ( ID  , which was kinda slightly before they became OMD I believe) and wrote a song with him  .. that song being Julia's song  

my turn next , and I played Rat Rapping by Roland Rat Superstar  , I'd found it in the loft and its basically it's the only vinyl record I'd still possessed

• Like 1

Said this one before somewhere but I own a SHA shirt.

I got (forceably) dressed as Robbie Savage on my stag do in Munich. 

I tried to dispose of it by throwing it down a train carriage but as I went to step off it suddenly landed in front of my feet.  I decided, meh fair enough, I'll have it as a keepsake and it now lives buried in the depths of a drawer somewhere.

Yeah, my dad’s mate took me to quid a kid at st Andrew’s when I was 8 or 9. My first ever football match,  Blues v Tranmere around 1994/95.

Even their schemes fail, we’re all Villa fans.

Â