The confessions thread - clean edition

Xela

40 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Yeah, I could give up crisps forever, no problem. But biscuits, no. Staple diet. 

Correct answer

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

I own(ed) a Man City shirt.

Let me give this some context. When I was in the middle of a major gym addition back in the early 00s, I was spending 3 hours a day at the gym, at least 5 times a week. Doing cardio. I started with just regular t-shirts, but they were getting so drenched with sweat, I struggled to take them off! Football shirts were far better. I ended up buying a load of cheap football shirts from somewhere like JJB/JD/Intersport etc, as they were last seasons. Most were overseas teams or national team shirts, but there was also the Man City. It was the Kappa one with the logo down the arms, back when Citeh were plummeting towards the lower leagues. Even today I think it looks like a cool shirt. 

That is a banger of a shirt tbf. Classic 

23 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Many, many years ago I used to design the SHA matchday programme.

Never had the urge to slip a few small-font Easter eggs in there? :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I once had to brave the Olbiyun club shop to get a Gareth Barry shirt for @Kitey, if anyone remembers her?

🤮😮🙀

• Haha 1

Did they give you a few bits of A4 and let you use the good crayons?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I dont understand the obsession with biscuits and think they're overrated. Some of them are nice, not great, most are a bit mehh and I'd be okay if I never ate another one.

As a British person, I feel like this is some weird act of treason.

It is, and the form of execution is very specific in the statute books. You will be dangled upside down by your ankles and dunked in a cup  of piping hot tea

30 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Ever manage to sneak anything in there? Massive blue SOTC on a blue background?

And did they realise you were a DVB? 

23 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

And did they realise you were a DVB? 

Yes, but it didnt matter as I didn't work for the club, I worked for a design agency that created the programmes for lots of Football (and Rugby) clubs.

It was my first ever career job and I loved it to be honest, and I soon got used to wearing the hazmat suit whilst working on the SHA bits and pieces ☢️ 

16 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Yes, but it didnt matter as I didn't work for the club, I worked for a design agency that created the programmes for lots of Football (and Rugby) clubs.

It was my first ever career job and I loved it to be honest, and I soon got used to wearing the hazmat suit whilst working on the SHA bits and pieces ☢️ 

I've  got it, it was a transparent cock and balls aimed at a picture of Lee Bowyer shouting wasn't  it? Only you knew it was there... 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Did they give you a few bits of A4 and let you use the good crayons?

Unlikely, they'd have had to remove the crayons from their noses first.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I accepted a free ticket to see Extreme at Wembley Arena in the very early 90s. 

you were ripped off

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Villa Stella Balti. 

For many (many) years, I’d presumed the guy who owned the flag was married to a woman called Stella. 

Aston Villa badge-gate

I dont know which way round the lion faces 🤦

I know people say the new badge is the wrong way, if you said to me right now £1m which way does the lion face? I'd be making a 50/50 guess 

• Shocked 1

On 06/04/2024 at 12:15, villa4europe said:

Started with the kids to keep them quiet... I eat bakery products as I go round supermarkets 

My kids ate 2 donuts in lidl this morning 

I have a stash of breakfast bars and biscuits in my car and that's where they remain, I also sometimes have two dinners, one in my car and one when I get home.

• Haha 2

On 05/04/2024 at 22:24, mjmooney said:

Yeah, I could give up crisps forever, no problem. But biscuits, no. Staple diet. 

Definitely me too, I say as I eat way through some random massive packet of Speculoos from Lidl as I'm typing

Â