ender4

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Surprised no Diaby. Has he done something to upset Unai? Otherwise I like that team. 

Not sure he fancies both Bailey and Diaby. Feel like he has started showing signs of progress and we will likely need him for the run in so also a bit surprised to not see him feature more. 

1 minute ago, Villa87 said:

Not sure he fancies both Bailey and Diaby. Feel like he has started showing signs of progress and we will likely need him for the run in so also a bit surprised to not see him feature more. 

Definitely prefer him tk Rogers down the left defensively. 

Though we may be playing mcginn there and Rogers CAM. 

Edited by MotoMkali

Another big show of faith in Unai on Morgan Rogers. Morgan is going to have to work his socks off covering the dangerous right side of Zhegrova and Santos

• Like 1

Tielemans is better in tight spaces where incisive movements and passes are key, Diaby is better in open spaces where speed and movement are key.  I think the line-up reveals what Unai is expecting from Lille.

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Kinda feel for Diaby, started to come into form and impacting games and has been benched ever since. 

That's what I thought and why I asked if he did something? Maybe a knock or a disagreement with Unai? There's no real explanation he was rested at the weekend and not playing tonight, I'm a little confused.  At least we have him as an option to change the game.

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

That's what I thought and why I asked if he did something? Maybe a knock or a disagreement with Unai? There's no real explanation he was rested at the weekend and not playing tonight, I'm a little confused.  At least we have him as an option to change the game.

after there is a goal or two, the game will open up.  when the match is more open, with more space, Diaby will come on. 

5 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

He was fasting on Saturday at 3pm.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, blunther said:

I like it. 

feel like Tim will need to play against arsenal so would have liked to see him tonight, but it’s a good team. Let’s **** batter em. 

Tim has shown nothing to suggest he deserves to play and I think he will be out on loan again next season, or maybe even sold to balance the books. Isaiah Osborne MK2.

Rogers however, looks lie an astute signing and pleased he is starting agin,

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

He was fasting on Saturday at 3pm.

Didn't stop him a week before, or others playing at the same time but guess it makes sense. And then presumably a tactical decision today as described by @srsmithusa.

Either way, it's a strong team and we have at least one option on the bench.  Possibly two depending on which Zaniolo turns up. 

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Didn't stop him a week before, or others playing at the same time but guess it makes sense. And then presumably a tactical decision today as described by @srsmithusa.

Either way, it's a strong team and we have at least one option on the bench.  Possibly two depending on which Zaniolo turns up. 

I think the week before the game was later and so the PL actually had a break for Muslim players when the sun went down. He took on some of those carb pouch things at the side of the pitch.

I agree though, he's a great bench option and it's a strong team.