Pre-match thread - Cup Final 3 of 10

ender4

11 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Because the depleted squad means we can't play first team players every game now and need to rest them sometimes.

Yeah I’m not complaining. I’ve said it’s a sensible thing to do. 

But you said most of the changes were enforced. At least half of them weren’t. 

There is no way he's resting players or being cautious, otherwise Luiz may have been benched due to suspension issues. It is what it is, I'm sure we'll get more clarity at a later time. 

It was never going to be easy, now it looks even more of an uphill task, but here's hoping.

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Why would they be on the bench? I think we’ve rotated squad and gone for the same defensive setup that handled Haaland/City at Villa Park - I guess Langlet is rotated in for Torres.

Sadly, in a way, Haaland isn’t playing but I don’t think our selection is down to illness - other than playing Olsen, of course. 

well you can have different levels of illness. emi clearly felt ok to start then realised he couldn't get through it. bailey might be rotation but i don't see why pau would be benched if it wasn't illness.

Just now, tomav84 said:

well you can have different levels of illness. emi clearly felt ok to start then realised he couldn't get through it. bailey might be rotation but i don't see why pau would be benched if it wasn't illness.

Had a few injuries this season, played a fair bit since he come back so probably just being careful with his minutes.  Given the rest of the team, probably a good game to rest him.

27 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Should have played the Aussie 'keeper, Olsen is a disaster. 

Olsen had a solid game last time out. 

• Like 3

Don't get the free hit thinking 

We get a good bum thrashing without lube and lose out to 4th on Goal Difference 

Not my kind of free hit mentality 

Collymore hinted on the wireless today, Emery could be leaving players out due to injury, wink wink!.

I think Emery knows this will be hard,, so keeping a few including Watkins, fresh for the run in.

Breaking News: Feargal Sharkey confirms that Aston Villa's first team and the Oxford boat race crew shared a mutual training session 'just splashing about in the river'. Ecoli named as a sub by Man City.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Martinez isn’t on the bench at all now, though. He was lined up to start and now won’t feature at all… so it seems a bit weird to have other ill players, but not Emi, on the bench.