Pre-match thread - Cup Final 3 of 10

ender4

2 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

If we get thumped and then don’t beat Brentford serious questions have to be asked.

You just don’t put that team out at Manchester City. If we get a hiding today it not only damages GD but also confidence. 

I genuinely don’t know know what Emery is playing at tbh.

Somebody need their medication and a nap

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Callum said:

I’m actually quite looking forward to this. It’s going to be absolute chaos. 

Olsen masterclass incoming 😆

Me too, though I've just popped down Bargain Booze and seen if they'd swap my Malbec for a litre of Vodka. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Really? No McGinn, Kamara, Watkins, Bailey or Torres away to the treble winners?

I don't think it's even possible to overstate the changes tbh.

Can’t play suspended or injured players. I’m sure you’re aware of this? Brentford and Lille are the bigger picture here.

Just now, Mantis said:

Ok but most of that is due to enforced absences, not leaving players out through choice.

There’s 4 first choice players on the bench

4 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Can’t believe we’ve already lost this 7-0. 

I've made up 90pt deficit in FPL mini league with 3 City players

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Can’t believe we’ve already lost this 7-0. 

Liquidate the club!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

0-1 Olsen wonder show - Zaniolo with the goal.

If that happens, DM me your address and you can have a takeaway on me for the rest of the season. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Mantis said:

Ok but most of that is due to enforced absences, not leaving players out through choice.

Oh I agree. I accept that. But the post I was replying to said that there is no need to panic and I think that our 2nd string away to the best team in Europe is the ABSOLUTE time to panic. Goal difference wise I mean.

2 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Hope we don’t miss out on 4th by goal difference…

We’ll never know, what if we lose 5-0 tonight but win against Brentford but in this hypothetical we had played our best XI tonight and lost 1-0 tonight but after expending all that energy and maybe even an injury we drew or lost against Brentford, so it’s not as simple as saying goal difference.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

There’s 4 first choice players on the bench

Because the depleted squad means we can't play first team players every game now and need to rest them sometimes.

Just now, tomav84 said:

with pau and bailey on the bench there has to be an illness in the camp. it's the only explanation.

Yeah they have "bottleitis"...

1 minute ago, Galway Lion said:

Can’t play suspended or injured players. I’m sure you’re aware of this? Brentford and Lille are the bigger picture here.

I am aware of that! The reasons for the changes are not my concern. I am just worried about the starting 11 against that lot.