New Aston Villa Stadium Chat

VillaChris

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

tbf they're not going to do any of it, because we're not moving to a new stadium. 

Don't be so sure.......

13 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I don’t think that’s the case at all.  I can only go my own experience down Villa Park for home games and in my various social circles but I don’t know anybody that wants to move from Villa Park and most are vehemently against it. Yes update Villa Park and specifically wanted the North Stand done but to move away…no way!

We must both be in very different social bubbles. The Villa fans I know all want a facility that gives us an excuse to spend time at the ground, but we don’t care where the ground is or what it looks like. We want shiny and new and a nice experience to go with the football. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ender4 said:

We must both be in very different social bubbles. The Villa fans I know all want a facility that gives us an excuse to spend time at the ground, but we don’t care where the ground is or what it looks like. We want shiny and new and a nice experience to go with the football. 

Yeah that definitely doesn’t sound like anybody I know or come in contact with.  Staying at Villa Park and improving in and around it is the only conversation.  There was a bit of discussion 10-15 years, maybe more, about moving to NEC/airport way but I don’t think anybody was keen to move from Villa Park and the thought of a bland, shiny bowl stadium that a lot of clubs have chosen is a big no no!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

It's a heavy construction so would require bigger foundations, stadiums in general are lightweight from steel, cladding and curtain walling

Then cost

Then it's a dying trade, brickies with gangs that big would be few and far between so it wouldn't be as competitive a tender as cladding 

Then it's a messy trade because of the mortar, there's also far more material management 

It takes longer and is more likely to be impacted by the weather 

It requires scaffolding and is more dangerous, there's a lot more temporary work involved

I think a lot of people in the industry still like brickwork but at that's scale it's just not practical anymore in modern construction 

Evertons looks to be prefabricated which is interesting 

Prefabricated wall? I wonder if that is even a feasible process, some sort of machine that can crank out set size squares of brick wall by the 100 and it can be tied together and finished by hand

23 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah that definitely doesn’t sound like anybody I know or come in contact with.  Staying at Villa Park and improving in and around it is the only conversation.  There was a bit of discussion 10-15 years, maybe more, about moving to NEC/airport way but I don’t think anybody was keen to move from Villa Park and the thought of a bland, shiny bowl stadium that a lot of clubs have chosen is a big no no!

Absolutely agree with you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

tbf they're not going to do any of it, because we're not moving to a new stadium. 

Correct

6 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Prefabricated wall? I wonder if that is even a feasible process, some sort of machine that can crank out set size squares of brick wall by the 100 and it can be tied together and finished by hand

I've never seen it before, didn't even know it was a thing 

download.jpeg

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

I've mentioned in the past, that a mistake people often make... is thinking that their " circle " or peers represent the whole fanbase.

Most the time the people they talk to will be like minded and/or of the same generation and views, by default.

I also reiterate that their is a younger generation of, and future Villa fan to think about, as well as the obvious not getting left  behind and growth factors

• Like 3

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

ITK?

Not direct from anyone at the club that makes those types of decisions, theres only 2 or 3 that do.

I do understand the constraints of villa Park, the ambition of our owners and the availability of a site that would solve our problem and help others solve theirs.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tinker said:

Not direct from anyone at the club that makes those types of decisions, theres only 2 or 3 that do.

I do understand the constraints of villa Park, the ambition of our owners and the availability of a site that would solve our problem and help others solve theirs.

Any insight on " the site " ?

• Like 2

Villa Park is our home. I hope it stays our home. 

If I wanted a bland toilet bowl of a stadium....well I'd be a West Ham fan. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We will all have different tales of people we've spoken to regarding a stadium move and it really doesn’t mean anything nor is indicative of the general mood of a fan base.

I’ve had that conversation with someone who works at Wasserman agency as an intermediary recently and his take on it was that it would be a game changer for us in the eyes of players. Most players don’t give too shits about the history of a ground according to him other than the obvious Anfield’s and Old Trafford’s. He went on to say that they want to play at the best modern stadiums where the facilities for them, their families and friends are first class. He said players who maybe would think twice about playing for Everton currently will be more inclined once they move to Bramley Dock.

That said it’s just one man’s opinion who is in the know about these things and has no affiliation to our club. It’s not a strong argument for or against. Just like someone’s nephews affiliation to Villa Park has no barring whether we should move and Ultimately finances will dictate more than fans views on the matter. I’d be way more inclined to pay £1000 plus per season for a GA+ season ticket if getting to the ground via public transport wasn’t an expensive tedious ball ache or if my car was safe from vandalism from some kid(s) and I’m sure they’ll be others just like me who think and would do the same. Whilst it is such an ass ache I just pick and choose the games I attend. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I've never seen it before, didn't even know it was a thing 

download.jpeg

More than half a million bricks will clad Everton Stadium in a stunning design that perfectly complements the industrial dockside surroundings.

The first of 731 brick façade panels have already been installed in the north west corner of the emerging building.

Each panel is computer-designed in a 3D environment before being manufactured from real bricks under carefully monitored factory conditions.

And when hung to make up the four exterior walls of Everton’s new home, they will provide a jaw-dropping, modern-looking blend of handmade craftsmanship and modern technologies.

Mike Young, a Principal Façade Engineer at Laing O’Rourke, explained: “These are real bricks, hand-made in Loughborough and then sent away to be cut into 520,000 different, individual half brick components.

“Each one has a special key cut into the back, so they are able to be cast into the concrete panels.

“There will be 731 panels in total and 240 brick coping panels that go on the very top to finish it all off and it’s a complex process in which with every panel has been individually designed in a 3D environment.

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2917155/mortar-bricks-than-meets-the-eye-at-everton-stadium

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

Villa Park is our home. I hope it stays our home. 

If I wanted a bland toilet bowl of a stadium....well I'd be a West Ham fan. 

Some of this legit reminds me of when some fans were actually upset about benches being changed to modern seating because " Players shouldn't be comfortable on the bench " ffs 😂 🤦🏾‍♂️

Evolve or die.

Why does everyone make it seem like there is no compromise between out dated ground, " nostalgia " and " Bland Bowl " ?

• Like 1

It wasn't fans that were upset about the new modern benchs it was Martin O'Neill, and if I remember rightly he actually had them removed

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, useless said:

It wasn't fans that were upset about the new modern benchs it was Martin O'Neill, and if I remember rightly he actually had them removed

In fairness, I really could picture MON being the one who would do this 😂

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN