New Aston Villa Stadium Chat

VillaChris

19 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Saw an update on the Everton new stadium yesterday and it made me feel a bit jealous I'll admit

It's in a bloody nice location by the sea too ain't it?

It'll be open just in time for their Championship campaign.

• Haha 1

Shame we cannot just buy the NIA and build a retractable roof / pitch  multi-use stadia… If we were in America it would be a no brainer solution… Fantasy I know ! 

IMG_9547.jpeg

IMG_9546.jpeg

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Shame we cannot just buy the NIA and build a retractable roof / pitch  multi-use stadia… If we were in America it would be a no brainer solution… Fantasy I know ! 

IMG_9547.jpeg

IMG_9546.jpeg

Not a big enough site at all. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Not on its own no big with the surrounding parkland etc … anyhow just pure fantasy 

Getting out of it after a concert is hard work too - and that's with just 14,000 people.

• Like 2

Would be interesting where a hypothetical new stadium would go. You'd ideally want it a bit closer to the City Centre if you're looking to properly have full year-round use. Obviously in, or worst case scenario, right by Aston. That's probably quite a long shot. I wonder if the council might have any suitable land in that sort of area that they'd be willing to sell.

I'm not really sure that a stadium by the NEC would work: it's not even in Birmingham, let alone Aston. Solihull Villa doesn't really have the same ring to it. And I don't think the NEC would be very enthused by the prospect of a rival all-year-round venue directly next door.

And, of course, it's all moot if Villa do actually have no intention of moving. In which case we're still at a bit of a crossroads, as Villa Park is a 1990s stadium in a situation where any attempt to modernise it has hit various, significant roadblocks.

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, wishywashy said:

Would be interesting where a hypothetical new stadium would go. You'd ideally want it a bit closer to the City Centre if you're looking to properly have full year-round use. Obviously in, or worst case scenario, right by Aston. That's probably quite a long shot. I wonder if the council might have any suitable land in that sort of area that they'd be willing to sell.

I'm not really sure that a stadium by the NEC would work: it's not even in Birmingham, let alone Aston. Solihull Villa doesn't really have the same ring to it. And I don't think the NEC would be very enthused by the prospect of a rival all-year-round venue directly next door.

And, of course, it's all moot if Villa do actually have no intention of moving. In which case we're still at a bit of a crossroads, as Villa Park is a 1990s stadium in a situation where any attempt to modernise it has hit various, significant roadblocks.

Co partnership with NEC on live events at Villa Park. Get them to invest in the development of the stadium (helps with FFP for us) and they get a share of stadium shows, we can only do them in the summer anyway and it'd be artists too big for the arena. Birmingham currently has no stadium for live events really, we're really behind on that. It's a win win situation for Villa and the midlands. 

14 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

What about bodymoor heath? Plenty of land round there, next to the Belfry, the M42 etc. obviously no trains though which is a big problem.

the shires mate? 

• Haha 3

Birmingham has plenty of land available for re-development. It's not central London - take a 10-20 min walk out of the centre and you will find yourself among old warehouses and properties ready to get knocked down. Heck, look at what Digbeth is to a large extent. 

I think that not only is it unnecessary to build a new stadium, but there is no will for the owners to spunk a £1bn to do so.

All that is needed is to build the NS (I am secretly hoping a new plan is made for an even more grand design) and think of ways to develop the Witton stand. And then you have Holte (leave as is but improve inside), Trinity (new stand that can be modernised, there is plenty of concourse space to do so) and 2 brand new stands. 

That would take VP to 60k, and no more is needed at this point (or most likely for another 30 years). 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

What about bodymoor heath? Plenty of land round there, next to the Belfry, the M42 etc. obviously no trains though which is a big problem.

I think I can hear the roads in Bodymoor Heath crying out at the mere mention of this

Every time I come in this thread because I think there's new news it's just people talking about a new stadium  :D

It's not going to happen

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Every time I come in this thread because I think there's new news it's just people talking about a new stadium  :D

It's not going to happen

If there was some way to harness the kinetic energy wasted from people on VT typing on keyboards about building a new stadium, we could potentially decommission a power station or two. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Are you the same person who suggested this incredibly dumb thing a few weeks ago? Its a field, with no infrastructure of any kind with thin roads all over the place.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Are you the same person who suggested this incredibly dumb thing a few weeks ago? It's a field, with no infrastructure of any kind with thin roads all over the place.

Nope, that was me.

48 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Are you the same person who suggested this incredibly dumb thing a few weeks ago? Its a field, with no infrastructure of any kind with thin roads all over the place.

Well, it depends where it would happen exactly. It's not that dumb to suggest something between Tamworth and Birmingham, there is the motorway. Maybe a few new roads would be built by the city to accommodate it, maybe a tram line to stations at Tamworth/Coleshill. 

But that's not happening. It would cost too much, it would be a crazy project. 

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

It is literally right next to the M42. I'm sure a bit of road redevelopment isn't impossible.

And the Belfry never seemed to struggle with it.