Spotify - an online music service

bickster

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Wait Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young have between themselves all agreed with each other?

That in itself is a miracle

Just need Emerson Lake and Palmer now, then Rod Jane and Freddie. (Although at least 50% of those people are probably dead by now).

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

It's not an interpretation. It's things he said. You are interpreting racism as banter and conspiracy theories as "just being something you'd say with your mates".

Let it go maaan. Some people like this kind of stuff and you don’t. Have you ever tried dmt?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Rogan in the bad books again. People still jumping to his defence?

Did you see how diligently some avoided acknowledging the video posted of him repeatedly using the n word? Then still spent days afterwards insisting there is no evidence of him ever doing anything racist.

It feels like the whole argument is a microcosm of the environment needed for the likes of Rogan to thrive. Quite fascinating really.

• Like 3

Huh. Joe Rogan has acknowledged it and admitted it was wrong. Guess he's just another liberal cuck now.

BBC - Joe Rogan: Podcast star apologises over past use of racist language

The US podcast host Joe Rogan has issued an apology over his past use of racist language on his popular show.

A widely-shared compilation video showed him repeatedly using the N-word in early episodes of his show, which has been running for over a decade.

The 54-year offered his "deepest" apologies and called his past use of the slur "shameful".

Rogan also apologised for making a racist comment about visiting a predominantly black neighbourhood.

He said he "felt sick" watching the compilation, and wished he could take his comments back.

During a six minute video posted to his Instagram page, the MMA commentator also said that he hoped his errors could help to educate others.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, sne said:

Spotify have removed 70 eps of Rogans podcast for inappropriate stuff apparently. 

And this has caused a different problem for Spotify, they now can't determine who is leaving the platform because of NY et al or their removal of the JR podcasts

• Like 1

Different discussion perhaps but I'm not 100% in favor of removing idiotic, racist or whatever stuff that people have said or written so they no longer can be found. Maybe in childrens books and stuff like that if parents feel they can't explain why it's wrong but adults should be held accountable and called out rather than having it all go away as if it never happened.

Lots of layers and very much a case to case thing.

If you don't like a podcast DONT LISTEN TO IT

think it's as simple as that.

Iisten to all Rogan podcasts, what I love most is when he has some random person on talking about something completely random that I would never even think about looking up.

My stance on vaccine is very different to Rogan but I have my own mind to decide I disagree with him on that subject, the media make out like all of us that listen to him are basically brainwashed

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, sne said:

Different discussion perhaps but I'm not 100% in favor of removing idiotic, racist or whatever stuff that people have said or written so they no longer can be found. Maybe in childrens books and stuff like that if parents feel they can't explain why it's wrong but adults should be held accountable and called out rather than having it all go away as if it never happened.

Lots of layers and very much a case to case thing.

Did you sing along to a certain song in this book? I did, and oh boy when it dawned on me..... 😬

2c0aeb410559371e0e6d4f51d22873b5.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tegis said:

Did you sing along to a certain song in this book? I did, and oh boy when it dawned on me..... 😬

2c0aeb410559371e0e6d4f51d22873b5.jpg

Yup 😬, some of the language in the Pippi books is not exactly kosher these days either. Doubt Astrid was a racist thou.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pete101 said:

If you don't like a podcast DONT LISTEN TO IT

think it's as simple as that.

Iisten to all Rogan podcasts, what I love most is when he has some random person on talking about something completely random that I would never even think about looking up.

My stance on vaccine is very different to Rogan but I have my own mind to decide I disagree with him on that subject, the media make out like all of us that listen to him are basically brainwashed

An interesting argument to sidestep the criticism. 

This isn't some some subjective argument on entertainment. I get that argument then. Don't like the comedy of someone like Ricky Gervais, then don't listen to him. Fair enough. 

But that argument is a spectacular missing of, or probably more likely, ignoring the main point of the argument against him. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Chindie said:

He's been happily giving a platform for disinformation about a global pandemic to 200m listeners.

You kinda can't let that just stand. It's not a problem when you're broadcasting ultimately pointless chats about MMA, or fitness, or comedy, etc to that audience. It is a problem when you've broadcast multiple hours of purported experts advising that the pandemic is a planned conspiracy devised to simultaneously pump pharmaceutical profits and pave the way for China style social credit scores to that audience, almost entirely without challenge.

If you’d just listen to all 2000 - 70 episodes you’d get the context man! He’s only racist to his friends, you’re prejudging a man who made a few errors. 

Alternatively, JR is a race-baiting, conspiracy theory slinging, low iq idiot who should stick to selling faulty testosterone enhancers to incels.

Edited by magnkarl

4 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I genuinely can't understand why anyone would give a shit what is said on Rogan's podcast. 

It's the reach it has. Someone spouting shit on a street corner isn't a problem. That same person being given a prime time tv spot on a Saturday night to say the same is an issue. 

Â