Spotify - an online music service

bickster

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Am I the only person on the planet that doesn’t use Spotify ?

I think I used it briefly when @The_Rev started a VT playlist … is that still going ? 

I've used it since 2016, I realised that I was buying CD's burning them onto my PC putting them onto my iPod and never touching them again, seemed like a waste, and living in a 1 bed flat I don't exactly have the space for thousands of CD's these days, my DVD collection takes up far too much space as it is.

It's well worth a tenner a month to have access to pretty much any music I want to listen to, rather than buying individual albums. There are plenty of Spotify alternatives but it makes sense to use one of them unless you're a collector who has to have the physical thing. Like @leemond2008, I don't need the clutter. It encourages me to listen to far more music than I would otherwise, and while it might not pay artists brilliantly, it also gets me to far more gigs.

Songs are on Spotify, I haven't bought a bluray in a decade, my one exception for physical media is books - but they have to be one that I like enough to buy a hardback, anything else is an ebook.

On 29/11/2023 at 20:45, tonyh29 said:

Am I the only person on the planet that doesn’t use Spotify ?

I think I used it briefly when @The_Rev started a VT playlist … is that still going ? 

Nope, I don't use it either. I still buy music and put in on an iPod to listen to.

I like the concept of Spotify but the artists get very little back from having their music being streamed (unless they're Adele/Ginger Busker). It's a reason I'll still purchase stuff and go to gigs where I'll pick up some merch. 

However, as a platform to explore new music it's very good. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

A great deal posted over on HotUKdeals, several years subscription for the cost of a couple of months utilising a loophole/glitch in the website.

I have just done it and when following the steps it worked absolutely fine.

[Guide] e.g. 3 years Spotify Family UK via India or Egypt for approx. £36 / also infinitely many years possible (bug requires VPN)

On 07/04/2024 at 11:03, Genie said:

A great deal posted over on HotUKdeals, several years subscription for the cost of a couple of months utilising a loophole/glitch in the website.

I have just done it and when following the steps it worked absolutely fine.

I've done the 18 months for £19 via Indian VPN for a couple of people. The method you quoted is even better!

On 04/12/2023 at 16:21, sne said:

Spotify letting 17% of their staff go. 1500 people.

In real terms that's only actually 0.0001 staff they're letting go of.

Edited by GarethRDR

1 hour ago, stuart_75 said:

I've done the 18 months for £19 via Indian VPN for a couple of people. The method you quoted is even better!

Amazing deal. I did 2 years family plan and it worked out about £28. You can do more years than that easily at the cost of about £6 or £7 per additional 6 months.

Â