Spotify - an online music service

bickster

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

what kellys done is absolutely disgusting so if rogans materials getting removed remove that monster kellys too if they havent already.

I dont have spotify otherwise i would have checked myself 

Think it was Rogan himself who removed about 100 of his episodes from Spotify rather than Spotify removing them.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Think it was Rogan himself who removed about 100 of his episodes from Spotify rather than Spotify removing them.

It seems to be quite baffling as some sources are saying rogan others saying spotify. 

37 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Question? Does spotify still have r kelly songs on there?

If they do then they are utter hypocrites 

Gary Glitter is on Spotify

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Bloody hell

As is Charles Manson. The difference is these people aren't being paid an astronomical sum to be the sole outlet of their content. That's perhaps why Manson, Spector, Kelly and indeed Big Lurch exist on there, rightly or wrongly. 

19 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

To play Devil’s advocate, those artist’s Spotify content isn’t what makes up their unsavoury element whereas it is with Rogan. 

You ever heard the lyrics of an RKelly song 😬 not good to say the least

Art = / = artist. 

Whilst there's music by unsavoury people on there, the problem isn't the music, and there will be various people that have an interest in that music who aren't the unsavoury characters themselves.

In the case of Rogan, the problem isn't really him (insofar as he's not an unsavoury character. He is part of the problem in that he's too stupid to publicly be dabbling in the waters he has been, but that's by the by). The problem is some of his content. I'm not that bothered by his old stuff with racist language used - Rogan clearly isn't a racist, and while that language has to be used carefully, it shouldn't be the one way ticket to being cancelled if you happen to say it (dependant of course on context). But you can't have a massive platform and use it to spread disinformation that risks public health. 

And that's why quoting X artist who did something horrific and screaming hypocrisy because Spotify hosts their music it's not a defence of Rogan, or a stick to attack Spotify with.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sne said:

Official sponsor of FC Barcelona according to Spanish media including naming rights to Camp Nou which will now be Camp Nou Spotify.

Gross. Wasn't too long ago that they wouldn't even spoil their shirt with a sponsor.

• Like 1

From looking at the dirt that people have been able to dig up about JR he's lucky if he survives on any serious provider. There's videos of him laughing while his guest is claiming that he's forced a young comedian to have sex with him to get a spot at an open mic night in a comedy club amongst other things. The guy is a sweat stain on spotify's service tbh.

The other asswipe in the video needs to be prosecuted for rape.

Or what about this vomit?

Chuck Johnson, known holocaust denier and extreme racist, everyone.

Edited by magnkarl

2 hours ago, sne said:

Official sponsor of FC Barcelona according to Spanish media including naming rights to Camp Nou which will now be Camp Nou Spotify.

I don't get it, it's like they want to alienate half of Spain

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chindie said:

Rogan clearly isn't a racist, and while that language has to be used carefully,

The one that is the most uncomfortable is the ‘that would be a powerful combination, a fighter with the body of a black man and the mind of a white man’ quote, not least because he repeats it as if it was a perfectly normal thing to say.

The concept of a racist person is interesting. Does Rogan dislike people because of the colour of their skin? Absolutely not. Does it maybe suggest that he has some concerning biases deep down not based in fact though?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chindie said:

Rogan clearly isn't a racist, and while that language has to be used carefully, it shouldn't be the one way ticket to being cancelled if you happen to say it (dependant of course on context).

I don't understand what a racist is. I used to know. They were people I used to meet on holiday and as soon as I told them I was from Birmingham, they would go on and on about black people. You certainly didn't need to be Sherlock Holmes to conclude they were racist, they would come right out and tell you, and you never had to ask.

In the age of "unconscious bias", no evidence whatsoever is considered exculpatory, and so the depth of Rogan's racism has to be considered unknown.

18 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I don't understand what a racist is. I used to know. They were people I used to meet on holiday and as soon as I told them I was from Birmingham, they would go on and on about black people. You certainly didn't need to be Sherlock Holmes to conclude they were racist, they would come right out and tell you, and you never had to ask.

In the age of "unconscious bias", no evidence whatsoever is considered exculpatory, and so the depth of Rogan's racism has to be considered unknown.

His story about going to Planet of the Apes was pretty much from the same catagory as your holiday example. And if he said that bit about the body of a black man and the mind of a white man, I'd say that was pretty much in the same catagory too. Pretty much—not 100% but it's in the ballpark.

Â