England v Brazil /England v Belgium

andykeenan

Posted (edited)

Could have had prime Maradona, Pele, Cruyff and Van Baston on that pitch and we would still look flat, dreadful performance. Lucky Penalty from my angle and nothing creative for Toney, Watkins or a prime Van Baston to feed off. 

Dunk and Chilwell.......deary deary me. Bowen like a headless chicken,  Foden, Bellingham playing in the same area, no width at all and Pickford pulling an assist out of nothing (well almost)

MOTM Tielemans by a country mile, for England........I'm not sure tbh.

Edited by tinker

Just now, UpTheVilla26 said:

Bellingham is the English Bruno Fernandes. 

Whiny little bitch. 

Like I said earlier in the thread, the Upshot did a piece about how unpopular he was at Dortmund as he was a complete cock and apparently the club told the senior players they had two big sales that summer, him or Reus (if memory recalls). To a man they said Bellingham as he was such an arrogant annoying character. And by all accounts he's put senior players noses out already at Madrid to the point Ancelotti has had to lay the law down regards his attitude. Proper full of himself. Mate.

• Like 2

Just now, stewiek2 said:

Like I said earlier in the thread, the Upshot did a piece about how unpopular he was at Dortmund as he was a complete cock and apparently the club told the senior players they had two big sales that summer, him or Reus (if memory recalls). To a man they said Bellingham as he was such an arrogant annoying character. And by all accounts he's put senior players noses out already at Madrid to the point Ancelotti has had to lay the law down regards his attitude. Proper full of himself. Mate.

Yeah, you can see it. 

No doubt he has talent but I've got no time for arrogance like he is displaying. 

England played some quality football but never seem to run out of donkeys at the back and lack quality in front of goal.

Toney took his penalty superbly but he missed enough chances to remind us that England without Kane are very much a blunt instrument.

Chilwell was very poor.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

That statement about the negative comments they would have had was ridiculous. Like they would have been hard done by. Those were 2 dreadful performances and deserved pelters, not the players but the clueless manager. 

This is the problem, there's always an excuse for our poor performances, and then people seem surprised when that translates to the actual big important matches where we don't turn upm

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Do you have a link?

6 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Do you have a link?

Goal does a decent summary

Spoiler

Goal.com

Soham Mukherjee
16 Aug 2023 14:04+01:00

Jude Bellingham annoyed Borussia Dortmund team-mates so much that they're glad he left for Real Madrid

Borussia Dortmund players are reportedly glad that Jude Bellingham left for Real Madrid as the midfielder always wanted to be the centre of attention.

Bellingham joined Real Madrid in the summer BVB players happy with his departure
Allegedly felt overshadowed by Haaland
WHAT HAPPENED? According to Bild, Dortmund players believe that Bellingham felt that he was being overshadowed by Erling Haaland and went on to applaud the fans on his own rather than with his team-mates after games. He was asked to lead the team on several occasions last season but his fellow mates felt that he had little leadership qualities and was moody, which created tensions within the squad.

THE BIGGER PICTURE: Some of the players even questioned his behaviour with some of his other colleagues as he allegedly was not too kind on a few occasions. The report mentions that he insulted Nico Schulz after Dortmund were knocked out by Rangers in the Europa League in 2021-22. According to lip readers, he reportedly said, "You can't play a f***ing pass, you're f***ing s**t! Every damn time!"

AND WHAT'S MORE: It was not an isolated incident and there were many occasions when Bellingham reportedly snapped at his team-mates in the previous season. However, things have improved under new club skipper Emre Can as he is believed to have brought a refreshing spirit to the dressing room. Bellingham's replacement, former United midfielder Marcel Sabitzer, is also liked by his co-stars whereas other senior players such as Sebastian Haller have taken up more serious roles in the team council for English-speaking players.

Edited by Mozzavfc
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mozzavfc said:

Goal does a decent summary

Hide contents

Goal.com
Live Scores

SCORES
LATEST
COMPETITIONS
LIFESTYLE
GOALSTUDIO
STREAMING
BETTING

Jude Bellingham Real Madrid 2023-24Getty
Soham Mukherjee
16 Aug 2023 14:04+01:00

Good riddance! Jude Bellingham annoyed Borussia Dortmund team-mates so much that they're glad he left for Real Madrid
Jude Bellingham
Real Madrid
Transfers
LaLiga
Borussia Dortmund
Bundesliga
Borussia Dortmund players are reportedly glad that Jude Bellingham left for Real Madrid as the midfielder always wanted to be the centre of attention.

Bellingham joined Real Madrid in the summer
BVB players happy with his departure
Allegedly felt overshadowed by Haaland
WHAT HAPPENED? According to Bild, Dortmund players believe that Bellingham felt that he was being overshadowed by Erling Haaland and went on to applaud the fans on his own rather than with his team-mates after games. He was asked to lead the team on several occasions last season but his fellow mates felt that he had little leadership qualities and was moody, which created tensions within the squad.

THE BIGGER PICTURE: Some of the players even questioned his behaviour with some of his other colleagues as he allegedly was not too kind on a few occasions. The report mentions that he insulted Nico Schulz after Dortmund were knocked out by Rangers in the Europa League in 2021-22. According to lip readers, he reportedly said, "You can't play a f***ing pass, you're f***ing s**t! Every damn time!"

AND WHAT'S MORE: It was not an isolated incident and there were many occasions when Bellingham reportedly snapped at his team-mates in the previous season. However, things have improved under new club skipper Emre Can as he is believed to have brought a refreshing spirit to the dressing room. Bellingham's replacement, former United midfielder Marcel Sabitzer, is also liked by his co-stars whereas other senior players such as Sebastian Haller have taken up more serious roles in the team council for English-speaking players.

So he's a winner big deal.

I bet Fergouson was lovely when Man U were winning everything. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

The funny thing being that reus threw his toys out of the pram at dortmund in January, got dropped and will now almost definitley be leaving on a free transfer this summer 

So the idea that Bellingham had attitude problems there but it's reus who got dropped after a row with the manager and if it was one or other one of them is 20 and worth £100m whereas the other is 34 injury prone and worth £0...i don't think the players got to decide that one personally 

I get why a lot of people don't like Bellingham, I definitley get why a lot of Villa fans don't like him but I'm not sure where this Billy big bollocks bad attitude stuff comes from 

• Thanks 1

If Toney gets picked over Ollie after the season he is having, I wouldn't be surprised if he announces international retirement, that's unless Southgate leaves!

27 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Toney isn't as good. Simple. Let them rave. Less said about Watkins the better for villa. Couldn't give a flying **** about England. No good ever comes from villa players involvement with England. It results in either:

Injury

Tapping up and eventual transfer away from villa.

**** England.

Amen!

Â