England v Brazil /England v Belgium

andykeenan

Just now, villa4europe said:

SSN have Toney an 8/10

A **** 8

😂😂

Another day I'm happy to not have SkyScumSport on my tellybox then.

36 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The funny thing being that reus threw his toys out of the pram at dortmund in January, got dropped and will now almost definitely be leaving on a free transfer this summer 

So the idea that Bellingham had attitude problems there but it's reus who got dropped after a row with the manager and if it was one or other one of them is 20 and worth £100m whereas the other is 34 injury prone and worth £0...i don't think the players got to decide that one personally 

I get why a lot of people don't like Bellingham, I definitely get why a lot of Villa fans don't like him but I'm not sure where this Billy big bollocks bad attitude stuff comes from 

I'm just quoting what the Upshot said. That internally the senior players as Dortmund felt Bellingham had become billy bog bollocks but hadn't earnt his spurs. Not my opinion. And certainly not me coming at it from a Villa standpoint. I think he is a world class midfielder. I've absolutely no axe to grind with the lad.

That he has an arrogance that senior players at Dortmund didn't like and neither have taken to at Madrid and Ancelotti has had to have a word. lads definitely a winner and as such just needs proper handling.

Edited by stewiek2

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

That statement about the negative comments they would have had was ridiculous. Like they would have been hard done by. Those were 2 dreadful performances and deserved pelters, not the players but the clueless manager. 

This is the problem, there's always an excuse for our poor performances, and then people seem surprised when that translates to the actual big important matches where we don't turn upm

Absolutely. I don't disagree.  It's a sport that has incredibly bloated ego's at play.

39 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The funny thing being that reus threw his toys out of the pram at dortmund in January, got dropped and will now almost definitley be leaving on a free transfer this summer 

So the idea that Bellingham had attitude problems there but it's reus who got dropped after a row with the manager and if it was one or other one of them is 20 and worth £100m whereas the other is 34 injury prone and worth £0...i don't think the players got to decide that one personally 

I get why a lot of people don't like Bellingham, I definitley get why a lot of Villa fans don't like him but I'm not sure where this Billy big bollocks bad attitude stuff comes from 

We all know that there's a hell of alot of inflated egos in this sport. Especially at club level where there is a hierarchy involved and a kid comes along wanting some more for his worth, you know senior players are gonna be all pissed off.

41 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The funny thing being that reus threw his toys out of the pram at dortmund in January, got dropped and will now almost definitley be leaving on a free transfer this summer 

I get why a lot of people don't like Bellingham, I definitley get why a lot of Villa fans don't like him but I'm not sure where this Billy big bollocks bad attitude stuff comes from 

Exactly. Reus did a job last season but now without the contribution Bellingham brought is having a shite season. As you say, the irony.

Didnt understand the Mainoo hype. I do now. He has natural talent. Stronger than he looks and a very good passer of the ball. Thats Kalvin Phillips done forever now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Seems to try to shoot on sight and/or dribble around 3/4 players when there are better options on. Even when he gets tackled for the umpteenth time, he still does it. Reminds me of like 2005/6 Ronaldo 

6 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Didnt understand the Mainoo hype. I do now. He has natural talent. Stronger than he looks and a very good passer of the ball. Thats Kalvin Phillips done forever now.

Agree, I'd chuck Henderson in that too, better than both of them 

• Like 1

Hate his smug face but Maddison made a real difference last night. Good touches/passes in tight areas which ended in chances and the equaliser. He has to go and has to be used for me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

So he's a winner big deal.

I bet Fergouson was lovely when Man U were winning everything. 

I’m confused about the hate on Bellingham here lol you need arrogance to be at the top

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Giro said:

I’m confused about the hate on Bellingham here lol you need arrogance to be at the top

No you don't. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Giro said:

I dont even think he is that arrogant but wants to win, he seems like a pretty decent guy as well off the pitch

Suppose some fans on here maybe feel a bit of jealousy over where he came from

• Like 2

Re Bellingham, not sure what to make of the arrogance reports but more generally I think it’s his mentality that makes him such an elite player. He’s got good footwork and is a great athlete but I don’t think his skill is necessarily ballon d’or level. I’d even argue that foden has got more natural skill. But the difference is that Bellingham has elite mentality in games to grab it by the scruff of the neck and make things happen. He craves the big stage and always steps up for England despite being only 20 years old which is pretty incredible while foden and others underperform. See this article as an insight into how he prepares mentally for each game: https://madridistanews.com/en/news/detail/jude-bellingham-reveals-his-ritual-before-each-game

Maybe arrogance is a consequence of that. It need not be but if it is I’m happy to take the rough with the smooth given his performance level 

29 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

Re Bellingham, not sure what to make of the arrogance reports but more generally I think it’s his mentality that makes him such an elite player. He’s got good footwork and is a great athlete but I don’t think his skill is necessarily ballon d’or level. I’d even argue that foden has got more natural skill. But the difference is that Bellingham has elite mentality in games to grab it by the scruff of the neck and make things happen. He craves the big stage and always steps up for England despite being only 20 years old which is pretty incredible while foden and others underperform. See this article as an insight into how he prepares mentally for each game: https://madridistanews.com/en/news/detail/jude-bellingham-reveals-his-ritual-before-each-game

Maybe arrogance is a consequence of that. It need not be but if it is I’m happy to take the rough with the smooth given his performance level 

Yeah, Foden has hardly any impact on games. I'm convinced Palmer would be a better option for the RW. But when Saka's back, he'll play there anyway.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I dont even think he is that arrogant but wants to win, he seems like a pretty decent guy as well off the pitch

Suppose some fans on here maybe feel a bit of jealousy over where he came from

Yeah definitely because of blues, some people really need to look past that 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JPJCB said:

Good assessment. Pretty much the way Beckham was (once he'd grown up a bit). 

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Hate his smug face but Maddison made a real difference last night. Good touches/passes in tight areas which ended in chances and the equaliser. He has to go and has to be used for me.

He's absolutely quality. Very typical Gareth that he is so negative, to the point of contrarian, that he only came on in the 74th minute of the two friendlies.

• Like 1

Â