England v Brazil /England v Belgium

andykeenan

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Came to say the same, you can already see it that when the chips are down in a big knock out game he's the next England player in line to go full blown roy of the rovers making things worse not better 

Almost guaranteed to get a red in the Euros, you can see it coming a mile (or 3 months) away

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I think he's done more than Watkins tbf but then England have a complete different set up, 

Has he? I think6i only heard his name mentioned one other time. 

Sadly enough - this will only make him succumb to Maguire ball even more.

This England midfield getting grossly outplayed by Tielemans says it all.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

To be fair 10 is where he’s been outstanding for Madrid 

Yes, but the players around him there are better than they are in the full England team. In this line up I’d play him the way we use Ramsey.

1 minute ago, mykeyb said:

Not even getting results in friendlies.....Southgate is on the downward slope

Well we haven't lost yet, but the performance is again very very worrying.

We're looking miles away from a top international team despite having a squad of players that are unquestionably good enough. 

Watkins may get a chance to come on, with his movement and this midfield it would reap rewards, Toney is a pretty basic striker tbh, good, but basic

21 minutes ago, bobzy said:

**** me, that is some ball from Lukaku

Yeah, nearly as good as the ball from Youri from half-way in his own half to him 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I'm guessing for the tournament that happens in, what, 3 months?

He's not getting in ahead of Maguire and Stones who are the two more experienced heads. If he was clearly first choice back up then fair enough, but he's not better than Konsa, Gomez etc who all have youth on their side and can contribute to future tournaments. Just seems a massive waste of a spot to me.

Just now, stewiek2 said:

Commentators knocking one out over Mainoo as Belgium go on the attack 🙄

It’s always strange how they go over the top. He only made his United debut 120 days ago and they have him being an England regular for the next 20 years.

OK, Ollie didn't score earlier this week, but doesn't this feel a little like sweet revenge to have Tielemans carrying the Villa torch a bit? And Ollie may yet come on and score.

1 minute ago, Django_Zooms said:

It's the official dementia half. A lot of you have long awaited this chance to tawk interiorly and spill cricketly.

I wish I could forget Southgate 

• Like 1

Honestly, this co commentator. Where on earth did they pluck this UTD fan from? F*** me. ‘Mainoo has taken over at times in midfield’. I’ve been watching most of the match and barely seen him touch the ball.

Mainoo this, Mainoo that. We get it, you like him. 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think he's done more than Watkins tbf but then England have a complete different set up, at no point vs Brazil did England look like they were even trying to play a through ball up the middle, tonight that pass is on and his movement is there for it, whereas Ollie I thought at times wasn't moving cos that ball wasn't coming 

Bowen is the difference 

Now he has, got 2 shots off in the last few minutes. 

Â