• Rogers (Ramsey 29)
    • Diaby (Bailey 78)
    • Iroegbunam (Rogers 78)
    • Digne (Moreno 78)
    • Zaniolo (Tielemans 78)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/03/24 at 23:59

31 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

His reffing of mengi on Watkins 1st half was wank, other than that he was OK 

His reffing of Mengi was really poor first half.  Thought Dougie shouldn’t have got the first yellow but seeing as he had he should’ve got a yellow for that other foul so should’ve been off.  Thought Morgan started well but lucky he didn’t get a second yellow.  I thought the ref was very inconsistent for both sides.  Poor showing from the ref.  I don’t care now because we won but these refs seem to be getting worse.

Edited by nick76

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Chong's starting position for the equaliser was offside and he's deliberately blocking Moreno's path yet no VAR review.

ezgif-2-0be7c40e42.gif

Not enough in it imo, our player is too honest 

When are Villa going to learn?

You simply cannot switch off as Villa did in the 2nd half on a 2 goal lead and it isn’t the first time this has happened this season. Learned nothing from the Man U defeat!

Instead of going for the third killer goal Villa handed the initiative to Luton.

Kudo’s to Emery for changing almost half the team including subbing the early substitute when he did as it simply wasn’t good enough.

In the end a most welcome three points which means it’s squeaky bum time for Utd in the Manchester Derby tomorrow.

Second half was one of the worst halves I've seen from us, Luton are doing incredibly well to be doing as well as they're doing relative to their low resources, but our poor play made them look much better than they are, we barely had an attack, get giving it away, and most annoying kept giving away cheap set-pieces.

Albeit we weren't helped on the conceding of set-pieces score by the referee, and one thing to remember about me, or what I'm about say won't carry as much gravitas, is that I barely ever criticize referees, so for me to say it was one of the most bizzarely one sided reffed games really brings it home, I couldn't believe what I was seeing, he was letting them get away with so much, but then penalizing us for much less, and it was happening time and time again

Main thing is the win though, and poor second half, shouldn't overshadow that or how good we were first half, and showed good character to get the late winner, I thought Morgan Rogers looked very good as well, I don't really blame him or our other attackers for the second half, the rest of the team did a very poor job of bringing them into the game

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

Unai has been brilliant for us.  First time I have ever given him poor (I think)  when the team doesn't show up in the second half you have to change something.   He couldn't change the performance and waited far too long to make any subs.

Yet it wasn’t too late because we won, he timed it perfectly and knew that was the time to bring them on to get the winner so Luton had no time to respond. 😉

• Like 2

Never in doubt 😀

for a while that looked like the United game the other week where we should have won comfortably and lost , but this time we got out of jail when we stopped giving the ball away and ventured forward again

Spurs is the big one , they play a bit rather than kick bite and hoof , so that should suit us more than today 

We're in then phase of the season we're performances mens nothing. It's all bout the points. And we did that today. Same as last week. Just get 3 points to the moment this underneath underneath us can't catch us.

Edited by stewiek2

49 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Expertly used subs today, worked a treat. 

I think he was a bit too late subbing Moreno for Digne.  We were getting roasted down their right.  But it all worked out in the end!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not enough in it imo, our player is too honest 

Not enough in it? Chong interferes with play from an offside position which should rule out the goal. That was a textbook offense. VAR just being incompetent yet again and Moreno shouldn’t have to flop to the ground to have it enforced.

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Chong's starting position for the equaliser was offside and he's deliberately blocking Moreno's path yet no VAR review.

ezgif-2-0be7c40e42.gif

They can’t give that off. If they did it’s the kind of shit i hate VAR for tbh.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’s interfering with play though which is reason enough for a review. 

44 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

We need to get that killer trait that Arsenal, City and Liverpool has.

This is the type of game they would just keep going and winning 4 and 5-0

We have this trait to switch off once it gets too comfortable

I don't think we have the same kind of killer trait as Liverpool yet, but in fairness what we did tonight is exactly the sort of thing they would've done. Strolling ahead, getting pegged back and then nicking it at the death is killer instinct stuff.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Not enough in it? Chong interferes with play from an offside position which should rule out the goal. That was a textbook offense. VAR just being incompetent yet again and Moreno shouldn’t have to flop to the ground to have it enforced.

If Chong was onside would that be given as a foul? I don't think it would, I just don't think that's ever coming back personally 

If you compare to like the one we had vs utd years ago that was an outright foul by Ramsey in an offside position

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They did in the Carobau cup final last week

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If Chong was onside would that be given as a foul? I don't think it would, I just don't think that's ever coming back personally 

If you compare to like the one we had vs utd years ago that was an outright foul by Ramsey in an offside position

I’m confused by that question. Of course it wouldn’t because he would be onside. That’s the entire point of the rule. He cannot interfere with play coming from an offside position.