Match Thread: Luton v Villa

limpid

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Feels like there should be passing options when we break their initial press like we have on a bunch of occasions. But we've failed to find those so far. Difficult to tell from watching on the telly why that is. Players hiding or are they taking too long to make the pass?

Just now, villa4europe said:

You're trying to apply logic to the handball rule, that doesn't work

His arm was way out from his body, it's an easy decision in the context of modern football

It was of course ball to hand but that doesn't matter anymore 

They changed the rule though, it doesn't matter if its away from the body. It's just if it's "unnatural". Obviously, the ref has no idea what constitutes a natural position for a professional footballer. 

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Funny how differently people see it.

He stops Barkley playing by shoving him in the face. He doesn't mean to get him in the face but it's a clear foul for me, you can't buy yourself space by putting someone out of action by shoving them in the face just because you were aiming for their chest

Without looking, he's fending him off, if the arm isn't there barkley is barging him over 

Like I said I wouldn't have given it as a foul to either player I'd have just played on which is what I think Ramsey was trying to do 

1 minute ago, sne said:

Feels like there should be passing options when we break their initial press like we have on a bunch of occasions. But we've failed to find those so far. Difficult to tell from watching on the telly why that is. Players hiding or are they taking too long to make the pass?

A bit slow making the pass... curse of no Pau.

But Luton are playing extremely high intensity. They won't be able to keep it up. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

How's JJ. I'm in the car. You've all gobe quite on the injury

back on the pitch now

• Thanks 1