Europa Conference League Draw - Round of 16

alreadyexists

2 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

You clearly don’t trust in Unai because he blatantly didn’t give a shit about the FA Cup. 

He played our best 11 in the FA Cup when he could have chosen to rest players for key league matches after. I have no idea where you are getting this idea from that Emery doesn’t like cup competitions, it’s been his key marker of success throughout his career.  

• Like 1

Can’t believe I forgot about the draw today. Ajax then hey? I’m happy with that. We want to be in Europe to play the big names, now here is our chance. Worked out quite nicely last time, no? And I’d argue we are a better team now, and they are far worse. 

If I could pick any manager in football alive today to manage our European campaign and league push, it would be Mr Emery. He’s used to this and will want us to win the ECL and qualify for CL. 

Nice to get a team fairly close as well travel wise. The atmosphere at VP should be bouncing. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

morning flights on the 7th from Bham already sold out!

got flights from luton for £77 5 mins after draw. 30 mins later they'd doubled. 2 hours later they were £350

7 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

And this game v spurs is the playoff game x 10. 

Let me ask you and everyone else on this thread a very simple question. You can either beat spurs to pretty much get the box seat for 4th or beat Ajax to progress into the next round - which one do you choose? 

And please no childish stuff like we can win every game playing basically the same team in all three games within a week. 

Won't England get 5 Champions League places next season? Aided by the current teams in Europe performing well, including us?

6 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

And then look at where spurs, Arsenals, man utd, Chelsea’s  finances are today versus ours and maybe you’ll  be able to process how big champions league qualification is. 

Ok, what if we qualify for the Champions League next season, have a QF against Barca coming up, but are 6th in the league. Do we throw the Barca game so we can concentrate on getting 4th and hoping we play Barca again next season? You basically give everything to get into Europe, to not compete, so you can give everything to qualify again. Rinse and repeat. 

I'd rather try and win something. 

• Like 3

Just had a look on BBC site and kick off is "TBC". I presume we'll go to 5.45pm as they seem to like playing at that time in mainland europe (wouldn't really work in the U.K on regular basis) so at least we'd get a few extra hours to recover for Spurs.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Just had a look on BBC site and kick off is "TBC". I presume we'll go to 5.45pm as they seem to like playing at that time in mainland europe (wouldn't really work in the U.K on regular basis) so at least we'd get a few extra hours to recover for Spurs.

Away leg is 17:45 home game is 20:00.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

Here’s what’s going to happen in those two weeks:

Luton Away

Ajax away 

spurs home 

Ajax home

west ham away 

Thats a brutal run and we are not at full strength. Hopefully we win every game, but we all know that we won’t. 

OMG OMG OMG we are doomed. 

Is there some way out of this??? Can we refuse to play???????? This is a DISASTER! A DISASTER I TELL YOU.  It will be the end of the world if we lose to Spurs, the club will have to shut down and we will all have to go and watch the Rugby instead. 

Give it a rest fella. This is the biggest game we will have played for a decade. I say "Bring it on!" 

One league game against Spurs will not make or break our season - if it does, then we did not deserve CL frankly.

• Like 3

For the last 12 months I have been back and forth to Amsterdam working on a project to build a new data centre. Been staying in the area around the stadium so know it quite well (the area around the stadium if full of bars and restaurants and is busy most nights). Wondering if I could arrange the next trip over to be around the 7th March.... Wonder if one of the local guys could get me a ticket... hmmmmm

• Like 1