Ratings & Reactions: Fulham v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/02/24 at 23:59

4 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

We are so frail defensively with Mings and Konsa both out. Just gotta make it work. Great performance, just wish we were a bit more clinical game would have been over in the first half. 

I thought Pau and Lenglet looked like they had a decent understanding today.  I am probably close to putting Lenglet ahead of Carlos at the moment.  But obviously Mings or Konsa would be a huge plus.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, allani said:

I agree with your point about it not being a conspiracy against us - the stream I was watching said that they thought VAR didn't want to embarrass a young ref in his first PL game and so were keen to back his onfield decisions to give him some confidence.

That might be a good explanation, though the offside would have been the linesman's fault, not the ref's.

Torres makes a huge difference ...... always looking to play the ball forward. Don't want Meatball in the #6 role as he is not very good there and is a liability on the ball ...... should have played Tim there with Meatball in the #10 slot. Huge win whatever the shape and good game management at the end for once !

• Like 2

Just now, Nigel said:

Back into 4th too, good day!

But but it's all about big Ange's Tottenham.

They are not out the title race apparently. 😂

I bet we are like that dog poo on ya shoe that gets stuck in all the grooves and you can never completely get out, to Tottenham. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Yes, Fulham had many crosses, but never looked threatening. We contained them well and broke at ease. The goal from a terrible mix up. Yes, whilst we lack height, I don't think we ever felt that exposed for a lot of the game. The pressure came from the amount of 50/50s going Fulham's way in that second half.

3 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Torres makes a huge difference ...... always looking to play the ball forward. Don't want Meatball in the #6 role as he is not very good there and is a liability on the ball ...... should have played Tim there with Meatball in the #10 slot. Huge win whatever the shape and good game management at the end for once !

I'd rather have him further forward, but I thought McGinn played well enough in the double pivot today.

Tim brought some energy when he came in and did some good things, but he also looked like he was making the young player's mistake of trying too hard. This sort of cameo is probably what he needs until he settles down a bit.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Pattern emerging today: 

In the first half, Pau was a real difference maker. Tired in the second half. 

Bailey is such a dangerous player but also tired as the game progressed. 

Ramsey was v good in the first half but tired.

Tielemans, fabulous assist, gassed after 55min. 

We need a "Michelin" sponsorship deal.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, allani said:

Apologies if already stated elsewhere but that was apparently our 10th straight league win against teams from London.  I hope we can add Spurs to the list in a few weeks!

I really don't think Spurs are any better than us.

Big 6 pointer that'll be. Just gotta see off Forest and Luton.

• Like 1