Match Thread: FAC4R: Villa v Chelsea

limpid

2 minutes ago, flamingsombrero said:

Jesus, haven't done a proper watch along with the match thread in a while. 

Sure we've been poor but seriously sometimes, **** this site.

It's all due. We are shite, an generally have much more than this. Chelsea get battered by everyone, even Wolves. We are struggling our knackers off.

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

We had chances but they came at the expense of a totally preventable goal. Much like the second goal; we were too lackadaisical and slow and our full backs greatly exposed. It’s been a very poor half from many, especially the midfield. 

Yeah we were too open and attack minded, as we're Chelsea. Was end to end and they got the goals first. It's not a game we'd see in the PL. 

Anyway, hopefully we perform in second half. I'd like to go out tonight though, so a 2&1 loss and us dominating second half will be fine. We don't have the squad depth for these number of games. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Awol said:

There’s an FFP reality we’re dealing with, in fairness. This team are playing within themselves tonight, 5 great minutes then mentality collapses. 

We chose to spend funds on kids, we could have signed a first team player. None of us know the actual FFP situation either it was rumour 

• Like 1

Well that was a 💩 half of football! 

Play like this Sunday and it will be a hammering and it will take a week to clean the sky studios!

Cash and Bailey doesn't work does it. May as well play with 10 men. Midfield playing like slippy G is back... 

What can we change? We don't really have the players to change it! 

1 minute ago, allani said:

It's the same line-up at the team that played great at the weekend.  The problem is that we are playing our 4th and 5th choice centre backs - who look like fourth and fifth choice centre backs.  McGinn and Tielemans have disappeared and so the only midfielder Chelsea have to worry about is Luiz - so they are crowding him out of the game.  Ollie has barely broken into a sweat and is waiting for the ball rather than trying to make the runs he did at the weekend.  We're static all over the park - I don't see how you can pin that on Emery.  He's not told the players to stand still like statues (at both ends of the pitch).

But we were playing against a woeful Sheffield Utd. This set up has been shakey for us in the last 10 games and I would have thought there would be some sort of plan B. What that is I have no clue, I'm no football manager, so maybe I'm being naive. But I agree, our back up centre backs are just not up to it are they.

That back 4 is a major worry. Losing Konsa as Pau was returning is a big issue. Just got to hope Pau gets match sharp quickly and Konsa recovers quickly. Otherwise, we won’t make top 4. 

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

No need to be narky, is there? The problem is in midfield and defence not up front, I didn’t say we had millions of options to fix it. Fact is these players are much better than they’ve just shown. If we can’t bring in better options then Emery needs to sort this nonsense out instead for the second half. 

The attackers have to hold their hands up too.  Ollie's hardly made any runs in that first half - every time we have the ball he's stood next to the CB.  Bailey's dropped back to try and get involved rather than pestering their back line.  When the service is struggling you need to do more to try and create a chance - they (and Tielemans) have vanished.  The whole team are playing too passively and are too static.  Maybe they are focussed on the weekend's match?

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

There is no way in this world we are getting back into this. Save the energy and make all subs now. Luiz, McGinn, Moreno, Cash, Kamara. All off.

Why, you think they are gonna do anything against Man U. 😂

10 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The outright collapse in form is worrying.

Did you not read the Sheffield United thread? We beat the worst team in the league by five and suddenly we are in the title race. 

Tonight is resembling the newcastle game, they walked through our midfield and tonight it's none existent, emery needs to have a plan B as any decent team has worked out how to stop our plan A.

I'd love to see a fight back 2nd half, but just can't see it

Not sure who’s had the worst first half, the players or the fans ? Who is  supposed to get who going ? In my opinion both have been utter crap. 

• Like 1