Match Thread: FAC4R: Villa v Chelsea

limpid

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

There’s an FFP reality we’re dealing with, in fairness. This team are playing within themselves tonight, 5 great minutes then mentality collapses. 

That's a huge frustration, started so bright, so where's that football go??

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

The question was who's making an impact for us.

You want to bring on Chambers as an impact sub, is it?

No need to be narky, is there? The problem is in midfield and defence not up front, I didn’t say we had millions of options to fix it. Fact is these players are much better than they’ve just shown. If we can’t bring in better options then Emery needs to sort this nonsense out instead for the second half. 

9 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

I can tell you now, we are going to lose to Manchester United. Mark. My. Words.

I agree. If we play like this.

Like Chelsea they have dangerous players going forward and we can't defend.

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

I said Konsa and Torres being out was a disaster and told it wasn't. 

It's a **** catastrophe!

The midfield are lost without direction from the back and our defence is appalling.

We are never winning this cup again are we?

Seems that way, only thing we haven’t won in my lifetime and I can’t see that changing 

2 minutes ago, maltesemike said:

What a disappointment. I always saw Unai as adaptable, but he is coming across stubborn in the way we set up. But maybe we just don't have the options to play a different way?

It's the same line-up at the team that played great at the weekend.  The problem is that we are playing our 4th and 5th choice centre backs - who look like fourth and fifth choice centre backs.  McGinn and Tielemans have disappeared and so the only midfielder Chelsea have to worry about is Luiz - so they are crowding him out of the game.  Ollie has barely broken into a sweat and is waiting for the ball rather than trying to make the runs he did at the weekend.  We're static all over the park - I don't see how you can pin that on Emery.  He's not told the players to stand still like statues (at both ends of the pitch).

• Like 2

Proper not on it today. Far to many awful passes, some of which pretty simple. To give Chelsea a bit of credit they are doing well tactically. Not helping ourselves though.

Even considering how bad we are Lee Dixon is still a raging ShitGibbon.

• Haha 1

Just now, allani said:

It's the same line-up at the team that played great at the weekend.  The problem is that we are playing our 4th and 5th choice centre backs - who look like fourth and fifth choice centre backs.  McGinn and Tielemans have disappeared and so the only midfielder Chelsea have to worry about is Luiz - so they are crowding him out of the game.  Ollie has barely broken into a sweat and is waiting for the ball rather than trying to make the runs he did at the weekend.  We're static all over the park - I don't see how you can pin that on Emery.  He's not told the players to stand still like statues (at both ends of the pitch).

We beat Sheffield United at the weekend though. They're a poor side.

Worst I’ve seen us this season. Pretty alarming lack of movement and intensity. Would be nice if our midfielders could pass to a Villa player. 

As awesome as these players have been this season, I don’t know if they’ve got the required comeback in them. Heads have dropped. 

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

One of McGinn’s worst halves this season; but the shot at the end shows there’s opportunity still 

He had time to strike that any number of ways or carry into the box. Bad decision (which sums up a lot of our play in that half) 

Right this is it now lads. 

We need to come out with a reaction. We need to prove we can come back from these positions, without certain players. 

I can smell a 2-2 then a Martinez masterclass🦁

• Like 1