villa89

I thought that this was a Villa fans' forum... It would be nice if you could all support Aston Villa, facing as they are the challenge of beating "Media Darlings, Officials Favourites, Diving Cheating United FC". Not predict disaster, based on team sheets, which include their flawed players.

• Like 1

This game really does feel pivotal for being in good shape to finish in the top 5. Given the ropey run of form since December, coming out of today 11 points ahead of United would be huge, but conversely if the lead is cut to 5 it really would feel like we were sleepwalking our way towards ending up settling for EL qualification (which wouldn't be a failure at all mind).

I tend to be as optimistic as I can but I don't have a great feeling about this one, that defence really does not match up well against United's attack and is there to be got at.

7 minutes ago, smg said:

Not shifty you  just don’t like them, fair enough but they play for the team you profess to support so why not get behind them and support your team rather than seeming to enjoy slagging certain players off regardless.

Everyone slags off Zaniolo who doesn’t even start so I’ll slag off whoever the hell I want.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

No Pau or Digne = 0 points.

Not aimed at you but whilst we are taking about scapegoats it’s funny how we can all accept Digne was vital to us storming up the league and before that he was hugely “responsible” for our failings as he was one of “Gerrard’s lot”.

It’s incredible that O’Leary could be criticised for calling our fans fickle. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

How long does it take for these players to come back from injury. I don’t think Unai appreciates how desperate we need Pau back in that defence, Lenglet and Carlos are Championship standard. It’s so predictable what’s going to happen.

Im sure he does tbf

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Are they  scapegoats? They're just our 4th and 5th best centrebacks and it's no surprise people think we're significantly weaker without Konsa and Pau fit.

We have no choice about playing them so it no surprise and I don’t understand the whining. Personally I don’t think either have been disastrous bar the odd mistake which happens to any defender as we’ve seen with Pau, Konsa and Mings this season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Indigo said:

This game really does feel pivotal for being in good shape to finish in the top 5. Given the ropey run of form since December, coming out of today 11 points ahead of United would be huge, but conversely if the lead is cut to 5 it really would feel like we were sleepwalking our way towards ending up settling for EL qualification (which wouldn't be a failure at all mind).

I tend to be as optimistic as I can but I don't have a great feeling about this one, that defence really does not match up well against United's attack and is there to be got at.

Massive game isnt it in terms of momentum and confidence for them to catch us.

Fear a chelsea style affair same as the other night. Ffs 

10 minutes ago, jim said:

What’s with this sudden anti Carlos and Lenglet rhetoric? The new scapegoats?

Frustration I would say. It’s very clear we are so much weaker with these two at centre back with our 3 best central defenders injured. Weirdly the media don’t mention out injuries at all do they given that out back 4 has arguably 3 starters missing. Spurs have one centre back injured and another suspended due to his own idiocy and they choose to play 2 full backs at centre half and sky don’t stop taking about how unlucky they are

Edited by punkiller1981

1 minute ago, spiezels said:

Im sure he does tbf

If he did he’d be starting him. Being on the bench, if one of our defenders got injured after 10 mins he’d need to bring one of them on. So he can’t just be fit enough for the bench but not to start.

Im starting to get really bloody annoyed with these team selections quite frankly.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Not aimed at you but whilst we are taking about scapegoats it’s funny how we can all accept Digne was vital to us storming up the league and before that he was hugely “responsible” for our failings as he was one of “Gerrard’s lot”.

It’s incredible that O’Leary could be criticised for calling our fans fickle. 

It was through gritted teeth for some when we were flying high. All the talk was how much of an extra dimension Moreno was going to give us. Moreno just needs another six months to get fit.

a half fit Pau is strengthens that shambolic back four, it’s as simple as that.

We are incapable of keeping goals out with those 4 together. It’s literally our 2nd and 3rd choice back line. It’s not even funny. 

No Pau no party.

Just now, Leeroy said:

If he did he’d be starting him. Being on the bench, if one of our defenders got injured after 10 mins he’d need to bring one of them on. So he can’t just be fit enough for the bench but not to start.

Im starting to get really bloody annoyed with these team selections quite frankly.

Think Emerys just doing it for banter? Haha.

• Like 1

JJ left, McGinn right, Bailey behind Watkins?

Looks ok to me apart from the injuries, not sure what we could put out that's better tbh. Rogers, Tim, KKH on the bench, be good for all of them to get some minutes if we can get ahead of these words removed and put it to bed early. Zaniolo would be a good game for him to get more than 5 minutes, could give us something. Diaby and Tielemans are strong options, great to see Pau and Digne back. They need minutes too...

Emery has already got rid of some of the Man U voodoo at least at home, so who knows, I've been at the ground too many times and watched us **** it up against these words removed when they were the best in the league. Now they really aren't though, let's hope we start fast and smash these. They'll melt if we get at them early at our best.

5 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Everyone slags off Zaniolo who doesn’t even start so I’ll slag off whoever the hell I want.

He'll be the scapegoat when we're losing abd bring him on to try rescue the game and he sky's 4 shots and loses the ball 4 or 5 times 👍

3 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Not everyone but if it helps. Just looked at our central defenders when we were dropping out of the premier league and in the championship, but you probably weren’t watching then when we were shit

Basically the same team as mid week, hopefully with a huge rocket up their ass which will see a much improved performance. 

People moaning about the defence, it is what it is at the moment. Let's get behind the lads and hopefully we can get going again. 

I'm going for Bailey to turn it on big time and we win by the odd goal. 

• Like 1