Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I read somewhere that Araujo can also play RB?

Not sure how accurate though

He can but he hates it apparently. 

“The truth is, I don’t like playing as a right-back, that’s the reality, but I always say, wherever the coach and the team ask me, I’m going to play and give my best, but obviously I feel very comfortable playing as a center back because it’s my natural position and it is where I can give 100%,” he told beIN Sport.

https://www.barcablaugranes.com/2023/12/3/23985527/ronald-araujo-makes-honest-admission-i-dont-like-playing-at-right-back

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Back four of Hermoso Pau Araujo Konsa, what is Emery cooking?

which full back is the attacking one?!?

2 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Unless we permanently shift Konsa to RB to rotate with Ned

Araujo is better than Konsa and would be a replacment for Carlos. He is strong,  quick, good in the air.. Also he can play right back. Basically he is the Uruguayan Konsa, only better aerially. If we get him, it would be a major coup!

• Like 1

Just now, CVByrne said:

Araujo is far too expensive, no chance we are going for him

Come on man! You can’t be negative with transfer speculation as well! 

• Haha 1

Just now, MotoMkali said:

It's worth saying that we may still have interest in a large number of these players just that it didn't work out. 

That's a fair counterpoint. I think the Spanish press is quite notorious for gossip. But interest might not materialise further.

20 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Back four of Hermoso Pau Araujo Konsa, what is Emery cooking?

I think if there is one thing we have learned if you have konsa at right back your burning your food

He needs to be back at cb next season. 

13 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I mean at least 3 were legit links, bit of shitty tweet?

We chose Diaby over Brennan Johnson, possibly a mistake looking now. Acuna was close to being done before Sevilla pulled the deal off and Nico has been linked with us forever but he was definitely staying at Atletic last year 

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

That's a fair counterpoint. I think the Spanish press is quite notorious for gossip. But interest might not materialise further.

I imagine we may have opened explanatory talks about the cost of a number of those players and then ultimately decided it was not worth it. Or perhaps turned away once the interest was leaked. 

Â