Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

This isn't just based off of this game, but lately (or sinde Xmas at least) we've started letting in a pretty silly amount of goals. I know that Kamara going out probably hasn't helped matters, but we absolutely need to do something with our defence. We don't quite know what level Mings is going to be able to perform at when he's back (and I'm not sure he alone is going to suddenly fix the issue).

• Like 1

Today obviously can't be read into too much, but I do think it still displayed some of the issues the squad needs to address. There's some games where if we're a bit off it the team is far too easy to bully, overrun and generally play against. There's been chat of Emery, Monchi etc wanting to add athleticism and physicality this summer and you really can see why, not only in midfield but they're crying out for it at the back too.

We had just twelve fit senior players today. The way we played was disappointing but expected given the emotional and physically draining last couple of weeks.

The one positive that I take from this totally lack lustre last 90 minutes of our marathon season is that it has once again highlighted our wobbly defence is far too weak and frighteningly leaky. If Unai and Monchi were thinking that we could possibly start next season with these same guys apart from the departing Longlet, with just the return of Mings and maybe Hermoso on a free, then that possibility has been kicked into touch by this feeble performance.

This upcoming transfer window should be interesting. 

• Like 4

We clearly need additional players to be able to compete all season. Injuries have blighted our season but even with an inferior squad we’ve got a much coveted champions league place.

Sure, We’ve limped over the line, which has taken the shine off (for a few on here) what has been a sensational season.

looking back at what we’ve achieved and it’s no fluke.

We’ve competed hard with regular injuries and now we need to replace those not good enough for where we are with players who can take us to the next level.

it’s an exciting period and we’re fortunate to have a great set-up with Emery and Monchi who know what we need and will do everything to get the right personnel in.

i think we’ll see the likes of Dendonker, Chambers, Coutinho, Hause, Iroegbunam  all to leave regardless and maybe one of Digne or Moreno and Diego Carlos to reduce the wage bill and free up funds.

further funds could be raised by selling off some of our academy players such as KKH, Barry etc 

incoming, I can see a couple of defenders, a couple of midfielders and a versatile attacker (so around 5 signings)

These are great times for the club and for once we have the right set up to achieve more!!

• Like 2

First priority must be a DM.

We're letting in far too many goals without someone credible in that area.

If it's say Ugarte on a season long loan as we don't want to commit cash given Kamara will be back at the midway point then I'm o.k with it.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

We don't need a Gallagher or a Carlos Soler. We need a DM. Ugarte or Luis. 

We need to improve RB, LB and CB.

Attack is fine.

It never hurts adding more weapons into your arsenal. Especially if we want to rotate more often.

• Like 1

Evaluating squad for next season;

Martinez - Keep

Olsen - Release

Cash - Squad player

Carlos - Sell

Konsa - Keep

Mings - Tricky... half season loan?

Moreno - Give time, first season and injuries

Chambers - Release

Digne - Sell

Hause - Release

Torres - Keep

Lenglet - End loan

Luiz - Keep... unless £50m+ offer

McGinn - Keep

Buendia - integrate (easier than Mings)

Ramsey - Keep... unless buy back?

Kamara - welcome back

Bailey - Keep

Tielemans - Keep

Iroegbunam - Sell (buyback)

Kellyman - Loan (or new buyback trick!)

Zaniolo - End loan

Watkins - Keep

Duran - Sell (buyback/ FFP)

Diaby - Give time, like Bailey first season

Rogers - Keep

We look great going forward but very suspect in defence. We need some better CB options, better l/r backs. More options in CM unless we can catch a break with injuries. Think we got lucky with Watkins fitness/form this year, we need much better options should that change.

Â