Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

There actually isn’t anything Unai has ever said that has sounded negative or worrying on this…

Again, I just feel like the journos are making a bigger deal of it (controversy or negativity sells and attracts clicks) than it really is and don’t actually have any genuine insight into what is going on at the club and what our plans are…

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

So all the "doomers" on here caring about FPP and saying its gonna be a problem this window and we'll likely need to sell to buy anyone were right all along I guess, unless we think Emery is a shit source 🙃

They are doomers, most of them don’t understand the rules or what you can do to game them.

If Emery wants to add more quality players then our owners will back him.

If that means selling players to fund this, then that's exactly what will happen.

The top 7 in the league next season is going to be very competitive. More so than this season.

We dont want to lose ground on these teams by not adding some quality players.

With good work at the physio table, this summer can quite easily be more "tweak areas of need" than "wholesale changes required."

People forget how good this full-powered Villa team can be....granted, they saw it for about 10 minutes in GW1, but we are bringing a lot back in house already.

Posted (edited)

Hard to know what we will do, but i cant really see us signing more than 5 players?

image.png.dfa488989df1de598fbf38e616fd28c9.png

Edited by MaVilla

Only positions where we really need someone is GK, RB and DM, possibly LB. Unless Gauci, Kosta, Sousa and/or Tim can step up next year to save some money, but I doubt it. Will need to be a big year for Duran as well, else we might need a striker as well. If even 2 of Mings, Ramsey, Buendia and Kamara can quickly come back into form they'll be like the clichéd new signings.

I think 3 players atleast will be needed. However I could see us getting 5-6. I could see us waiting to see if Leeds fail to win, Summerville would probably come. The fact that we’ve wanted Williams, he seem similar and play on left side rather than right.

Next season we’ll need to rotate more, and approach each game differently. Having options of Ramsey, Rogers, Buendia, Diaby and Bailey, while adding Summerville will give a chance to change the way during the game itself. We could change one or two without a proper drop in quality. 
Hermoso would give us a chance to attack from the right (which would require an new RB). Also a good cover for Torres and defence. Baina would be added to the list above, which might look a lot, but we don’t know how well would Buendia be, then as we saw with season going we’ll need a bigger squad. 
If we can add Ugarte as well, I think we’ll have a very good squad to play in different fronts. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thabucks said:

We may sacrifice someone the fans feel is essential but I trust the process and people we have in charge … one of McGinn, Luiz, Konsa, Ramsey, could make way for 2/3 quality additions and I’m ok with that. We will only sell if it benefits us and our terms … no more bullying into selling players 

Yep. There’s clearly an FFP hole to be filled by the 30th of June, so someone we probably won’t like leaving will be off. Come July the purse opens, or at least the contracts that are already arranged (by then) with new players are executed. 

if we are allowed the extra 30 million headroom in FFP that Villa and Newcastle are asking for, maybe that big sale can be avoided. But I don’t see the league or other teams doing us any favours.. 

Emery has literally said the standard any manager says at this stage in a window, but in an intelligent way as usual. He’s hardly gonna say we’ve got loads of money and don’t need to sell anyone. 

Apparently the Barkley interest is real and almost a done deal.

No idea on the source but that’s what my brother has just passed on.

Slightly left field but I trust Unai and Monchi.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Madness if it happens, but I actually think that's an alright move. You'd think he'd cost pennies and will be a useful and experienced backup option (won't be anything more than that) for Luiz's position as well as the AM roles.

Edit: He's out of contract, so will be free and on relatively low wages

Edited by DaoDeMings

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

How good was Barkley at Luton?  Lots of shouts for an England call up, but was that due to a run of form or due to a sustained quality throughout the season 

He has been very good tbf. The England call-up calls were for a good run of form but he's been consistently solid creatively and progressively. Hard to know his level because it's not hard to shine in that Luton team, but as a free back-up option I think he'd be a very underrated shout

Edited by DaoDeMings
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Did your brother hear it from a mate who hangs out down at the pub with a bloke whose cousin works in the kit room at Villa?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Villa Gaffa said:

If Emery wants to add more quality players then our owners will back him.

If that means selling players to fund this, then that's exactly what will happen.

The top 7 in the league next season is going to be very competitive. More so than this season.

We dont want to lose ground on these teams by not adding some quality players.

There’s always a surprise down turn in form for one or two teams. That could be us, or it could conceivably be Liverpool or Man U again, or Newcastle. 

I think we have the stability and management quality to prevail, even thrive. Unai has demonstrated it’s not about money you spend it’s what you do with those players. Squad development will take time, but we have arrived at the first objective.

I am relaxed about outgoings, we are being run very intelligently, it will be a net gain for sure.

People saying we need to spend money on a GK - we've just bought Gauci, and Sinisalo got every player of the year award at a mid-League One side. Plus we have about 3 other GKs who have gone on loan, and youngsters coming through.

Given we need to be sensible - why on earth would we spend money in a position where our first choice is the Worlds #1; he misses 1 or 2 games a season through injury/suspension (historically); and the one position where fatigue isn't a factor?

Jeez - just keep Olsen if we don't trust the guy we've just bought. He got MOTM in his last game.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Would be a strange career choice by him going back to a situation where he'll be a bit part player spending a lot of time on the bench. You'd think he'd be finished with situations like that.

Edit: Barkley.

Edited by sne

Â