Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

2 hours ago, useless said:

Anyone thinking that Jonathan Rowe being a better player than Summerville  is a laughable suggestion is really showing their ignorance, and probably never seen either play and just going by 'stats'. Should also be pointed out a player having good stats in the Championship doesn't always translate to being any good at Premier League level

You could also watch the goals rowe scored where a number are due to keeper error. 

7 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Sociedad have some top players and we’ve been linked in the past…

Zubimendi

He'd be a perfect fit for us. Calm and skillful on the ball, smart, good reading of the game, rarely makes a mistake. Of all of the summer options at DM, I think he's the best fit.

Alas, it looks like he's Arsenal's top target right now.

• Like 2

Anyone thinking that Jonathan Rowe being a better player than Summerville  is a laughable suggestion is really showing their ignorance, and probably never seen either play and just going by 'stats'. Should also be pointed out a player having good stats in the Championship doesn't always translate to being any good at Premier League level

🎣 🤣

I was fishing brother 

Posted (edited)

I enjoy reading about transfer speculation of Jack Grealish coming back to Villa (let's face it, there wouldn't be that speculation if we weren't doing so well), of which there's been plenty online recently. But it just seems really like one of those really bad fits that's fun to imagine -- and awful to map out in reality. Jack just doesn't seem like a player that would fit into the Villa Way anymore. If anything, Unai might be "more Pep than Pep" when it comes to meticulous control, and if Grealish is struggling with Pep, I think it could even be worse with Unai. Can't back the hands of time. Ask Ronaldo.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I enjoy reading about transfer speculation of Jack Grealish coming back to Villa (let's face it, there wouldn't be that speculation if we weren't doing so well), of which there's been plenty online recently. But it just seems really like one of those really bad fits that's fun to imagine -- and awful to map out in reality. Jack just doesn't seem like a player that would fit into the Villa Way anymore. If anything, Unai might be "more Pep than Pep" when it comes to meticulous control, and if Grealish is struggling with Pep, I think it could even be worse with Unai.

No pace, too many injuries and Pep has made him into a sideways player. No thanks.

Olise and Eze are the players Villa should be hunting down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Soler was once a player of real promise. Unless it's an incredibly favourable deal, I'm not enthusiastic about bringing him here.

Emery gets players back to their best and improves them. That's what he does

39 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

You could also watch the goals rowe scored where a number are due to keeper error. 

Looking forward to Leeds vs Norwich, which will provide definitive proof on who is right here.

1 hour ago, Thats2 said:

He'd be a perfect fit for us. Calm and skillful on the ball, smart, good reading of the game, rarely makes a mistake. Of all of the summer options at DM, I think he's the best fit.

Alas, it looks like he's Arsenal's top target right now.

Barca want him aswell.

I think Merino is more realistic. Don't think he has that long left on his deal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, useless said:

Given the high nose nature of this post I must point out Rowe is having a stinker of a performance. 

Just topped it off with a dive.

Not saying he's a bad player due to one game although he's never impressed me but yeah... 

5 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Summerville and Rutter are quality players we could be interested in. 

Rutter is nowhere near good enough for us.

I'd sell Tim Iroegbunam, KKH and maybe another couple of the youth players if there are the right offers.Then the usual list of players we want to move on. Dendonker, Chambers, Digne et el

I think then one of Cash or JJ might be sold to bank a good chunk of profit

• Like 1

I knew when I saw who had replied to my post it would be some dumb tedious attempt at point scoring about Rowe just because Norwich are having a bad game. As if foury-five minutes of footbal, when he's coming back from injury, and in a game where Norwich were always second favorites, proves anything about Rowe's overall ability whatsoever

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Watching the Leeds vs Norwich playoff match and Summerville has looked good. He has good technical skills, quick feet, awareness of his surroundings and decent decision making. I don't think he would take us to another level but if Emery wants that type of player as another option then we could do worse. He doesn't fit in with our recent record of signing physical beasts though. 

Edited by I Make Pies

Posted (edited)

Seen a good few Leeds games this season and even been to Elland Road a couple of times just by chance and think Summerville has always looked excellent, personally. Obviously his numbers show end product but he's also extremely tidy in general play, good set-pieces, puts in his fair share of defensive work etc. He almost single-handedly tore Ipswich apart when they beat them 4-0 and I was pretty sold on him then. If it's true we're in for a winger then given Bailey and Diaby they'd need to be a right-footed one, in which case you could do a lot worse than Summerville. Albeit you'd fancy Leeds to get promoted and make that a difficult deal for any club to manage this summer.

Edited by Indigo

Any decent links or suggestions to taller & more physical yet talented and skilful players such as the guys we brought in - Rogers and Zaniolo, that could enhance us and make us stronger in that sense? 

Both have made an impact and Morgan is looking great… it helps us stand up to and be more resilient against perceived to be superior sides and the more physical or aggressive ones… winning more duels and battles and becoming more press resistant…

I think we have enough diminutive and skilful players personally but obviously not averse to bringing in more of Unai’s choosing…

I just wonder if he decides to boost the more physical and powerful aspect of the side… but every player has to be technically proficient and comfortable on the ball, good passing range and able to move with energy and purpose… not slow and clumsy or limited.

• Like 2

Â