Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Posted (edited)

In the last 18 months we've brought in players from all over -  Italy, France, Spain, Serbia, Australia, Belgium, England. I can't see us limiting ourselves to mostly Spanish players despite the easy links to Monchi and Unai. I feel they are cognizant of potential locker room dynamics and connection with fans (something Emery always cites)  if we become La Liga/Spain FC.

Edited by nepal_villan

Posted (edited)

I know some folk at Relevo are quite reliable, not sure who the Soler shout is from but alongside the reports from France it seems to have some legs. Also some stuff from Collomosse...

Edited by Indigo
  • Sad 1

Of our prominent players I can see us putting  Ramsey, Diego Carlos, Duran, Digne and Douglas Luiz in the shop window. Not saying we want to sell them, but that if the right offer comes we will consider it to balance the books and reinvest the funds.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I know some folk at Relevo are quite reliable, not sure who the Soler shout is from but alongside the reports from France it seems to have some legs. Also some stuff from Collomosse...

Ideally I wouldn’t want want to sell JJ, but if needs must, I’m chill with it

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Of our prominent players I can see us putting  Ramsey, Diego Carlos, Duran, Digne and Douglas Luiz in the shop window. Not saying we want to sell them, but that if the right offer comes we will consider it to balance the books and reinvest the funds.

Carlos and Digne I can see us actively looking to move on and replace. The others I agree it would need the right offer (a huge one in a couple of those cases)

24 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

In the last 18 months we've brought in players from all over -  Italy, France, Spain, Serbia, Australia, Belgium, England. I can't see us limiting ourselves to mostly Spanish players despite the easy links to Monchi and Unai. I feel they are cognizant of potential locker room dynamics and connection with fans (something Emery always cites)  if we become La Liga/Spain FC.

While we shouldn’t, and won’t limit ourselves to Spain. This is Monchi’s real first summer window, and Spain is we’re he knows best. Saying that, it’s probably the reason we’re getting linked to Spanish based or Spanish players, probably mostly bollocks.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

He can piss off…

God, can we please stop living in the past…

He turned his back on us for quick n easy success (and 💰, don’t want us paying him the sort of wedge he is on there!!) why should we run after and pander to him and the bloody media circus (and stupid behaviour) that surrounds him.. NO THANKS. 

Why help him out? He can rot… I have no feeling or affection too toward the guy at all..

let’s move on and look forwards to a wonderful future… there are LOADS of quality and young players out there… up and coming  stars rather than has beens…

We are bigger than him…

Don’t want him anywhere near us…

This is Unai Emery’s claret and blue army!!!

He is the main man!

UTV 💜💙

Biggest thing for me is that I genuinely think he's worse now then when we had him. Yes he's won titles but the driving runs and creativity have been replaced with standing on the ball and either passing inside or chopping it back to the left back. Add in his love of the celeb lifestyle and its a no from me too

He's moved on, we've moved on 👍

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

There's a lot of heavy lifting here about our wages and finances. Our transfer plans. The language is vague for a reason - it’s pure guesswork.

“Champions League football will help Villa but this will be a busy summer. Emery is expected to target a full-back, another central midfielder and a forward, with back-up striker Jhon Duran a possible candidate for the exit door. While there is little appetite at Villa to sell a key asset, Premier League spending rules must be obeyed, which means homegrown star Jacob Ramsey, valued at about £50million, could also depart.

With a high wage bill and not a great deal of wriggle room within profit and sustainability rules, it may be difficult for Villa to do expensive deals. More transfers like the initial £8m they paid Middlesbrough for Morgan Rogers would go down very well indeed – while the Champions League remains the best selling point in the game.”

”could also depart” as big deals “might be hard to come by”. Again, it’s vague language in case we do spend. What’s a big figure? Just because we spend low it doesn’t mean we won’t find deals. It’s as speculative as the Athletic was in Jan about selling JJ and Jhon. It doesn’t present any new information. It speculates. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Thats2 said:

Has anyone watched Hugo Guillamon of Valencia? He was highly-rated at one point (on the Spain squad at the last WC) can play DM or CB and is still only 24. Has 100 games under his belt at Valencia too, so perhaps more ready to step in than others his age. I haven't watched much of him lately but I would bet on Unai to get the best out of him. I'm hoping we find the next Palhinha rather than pay up for the current one (or someone similar). I think it fits better with Kamara's eventual return.

Now this is nice and intriguing… 🤔 

And yep, find the next stars rather than overpriced ones and those that have already peaked… or on the way down…👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

”could also depart” as big deals “might be hard to come by”. Again, it’s vague language in case we do spend. What’s a big figure? Just because we spend low it doesn’t mean we won’t find deals. It’s as speculative as the Athletic was in Jan about selling JJ and Jhon. It doesn’t present any new information. It speculates. 

You can do all the language gymnastics you want, but we’ve spent for more than our  incomings the last few seasons. It’s time to sell some players. Tough decisions to make. But it’s looking likely we losing a key player… at least 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

If not Ramsey, who else would you sell? 

Not sure we "have" to sell now do we?

If we got an acceptable offer for Luiz or Diaby, they'd go before Ramsey. Not the same FFP profit for Diaby of course, but as I said, I don't think we need to sell.

37 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I hate everything about the selling reports... 😞

I'd rather lose Luiz than JJ or Duran.

Would prefer to lose none.

Are you kidding? Luiz is one of our main key players and would be one of the few ‘not for sale’ for me.  Not even an argument that I’d sell both Duran and JJ before Luiz.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

If not Ramsey, who else would you sell? 

Champions League will get us a minimum of 50 million from what I've seen... And this is also the rumoured " hole " so I don't see why we would NEED to do anymore than offload/sell fringe players and high earners to be able to wheel and deal.

We also need to take into consideration all the new sponsorships we have and will secure.

PLUS I'm sure our people are smart enough to know how to manoeuvre account. Savvy one year loan to buy deals etc.

Â