Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Doesn't Williams play in the same position as Diaby/Bailey as well?

Mainly played at LW this season, previous seasons he's mainly played at RW. He's really good with both feet.

Edited by sne
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Tends to switch JV. But predominantly a left sided winger with a right hoof. 
Bailey tends to play right wing and Diaby who really knows atm 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I can't see Olise joining us.  Why would he, unless we are going to offer mega wages which I doubt we will.

Champions League

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Hopefully in a that Newly designed Zeppelin jersey some have designed 🤟 Lol

this one?

On 07/05/2024 at 23:06, mrchnry said:

file-LG0H3wxivv4000uMo9idmsZ5.webp

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villarule123 said:

Champions League

He'll have offers from other more established CL clubs.  We're not an established CL club (yet), we could qualify this season and never qualify again.

Posted (edited)

Notice many are suggesting DM, RB, CB, LB, AM & Wingers but do we not think another Striker is one of our most crucial needs?

All those positions have some cover but expecting Olly to stay fit and play every game next year with only Duran as back-up is a bit risky to me. We've been fortunate to not need to rely on Duran for multiple games in a row, which is why I think if we are to splash some cash on one signing... I'd prefer it to be on a striker. Vlahovic types won't happen lets be honest but there must be a David (Lille) type we can go for. Much prefer to spend there than on Buendia 2.0 (Baena)

*Also to the point about wanting a physical DM, we were heavily linked with Kondogbia last year so I think its something Unai sees too. We're just more likely to get that type of player now we're in the CL

Edited by _AA_786
  • Like 2

We can't feed a player like David, maybe we buy another developmental player like Duran (I'd be amazed if we kept Archer) but we aren't going to rotate Ollie 

If we were to buy say Williams though or another goalscoring wide man or baena and go for goals from attacking midfield that's the cover for Ollie 

Duran is good enough imo he'll get some goals but if ollie gets injured the whole team would have to step up

40 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

Notice many are suggesting DM, RB, CB, LB, AM & Wingers but do we not think another Striker is one of our most crucial needs?

All those positions have some cover but expecting Olly to stay fit and play every game next year with only Duran as back-up is a bit risky to me. We've been fortunate to not need to rely on Duran for multiple games in a row, which is why I think if we are to splash some cash on one signing... I'd prefer it to be on a striker. Vlahovic types won't happen lets be honest but there must be a David (Lille) type we can go for. Much prefer to spend there than on Buendia 2.0 (Baena)

*Also to the point about wanting a physical DM, we were heavily linked with Kondogbia last year so I think its something Unai sees too. We're just more likely to get that type of player now we're in the CL

I think Rogers might be developed to just play through the middle as a 10 and if needed a 9.  Ollie started as a winger and they have some similar characteristics.  Buendia and Ramsey will be used on the left, Bailey and Diaby on the right.

• Like 1

If Watkins didn't have an unbelievable fitness record we might look at getting a senior player to compete with and cover for him. But he does so we won't I reckon.
Duran, a very promising player, has hardly had a sniff and Rogers can probably cover too. I mean, maybe another attacking mid who can play there but I don't see anything high level.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

No he's right footed and plays on left 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MSvillain said:

So apparently Nico Williams is asking prospective clubs for £300k/week.

Because Athletic don't really pay transfer fees they've chucked money at him, apparently he's on £250k/week there.

(was on twitter from some Arsenal/spurs itk)

Some Spanish tabloids put it at €125k a week. So who knows. 

• Like 1

Any high quality DMs available for free or on low ISH fees due to contracts?

If we could say get Hermoso ( free ), A comparable DM ( Free ) we could probably then spend on someone like a Nico Williams and a Right Back ( Frimpong esque )? 

Unless we already have first team plans for Nedelskeljovic or whatever his name is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This is my issue! I think a left winger / left midfielder makes more sense to me.

2 hours ago, _AA_786 said:

Ollie's injury record is impeccable, so to expect to be fit most of the time us only natural. I also really like Duran. 

3 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

This is my issue! I think a left winger / left midfielder makes more sense to me.

He is more or less

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

He is more or less

I always though he was a right winger but as has been pointed out he is a right footer with a good left foot. So he is ideally what you want in a left winger nowadays. Problem is the wages.

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

He'll have offers from other more established CL clubs.  We're not an established CL club (yet), we could qualify this season and never qualify again.

Neither City or Arsenal need him, Liverpool have options there but no idea what their new manager wants though.  So with our progression and the other established clubs all over the place at the moment, we probably would be quite a desirable club to join.  Doubt we are in for him although a fantastic player but too much for our budget.

• Like 1

Â