Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

30 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Some reports we are interested in Alvaro Vallez Goalkeeper from Las Palmas. 

Would mean we are moving on Emi if true as we just signed a back up and have a long list of youth keepers

I think we were just speculated to make the Arsenal rumour sound more concrete

• Like 1

We need some athleticism in Midfield.....and effective cover for Ollie.

We need a dominant centre back.....( Unsure of Mings's situation)....Lenglet and Carlos are not the answers.

We are playing too many attack minded players in defensive positions...we need to address this.

I hope Monchi is the villarreal version, not the Roma Version.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

We need some athleticism in Midfield.....and effective cover for Ollie.

We need a dominant centre back.....( Unsure of Mings's situation)....Lenglet and Carlos are not the answers.

We are playing too many attack minded players in defensive positions...we need to address this.

I hope Monchi is the villarreal version, not the Roma Version.

The Sevilla version…..

4 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

The Sevilla version…..

I typed that first and changed it to Villarreal.....thanks.

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

Some reports we are interested in Alvaro Vallez Goalkeeper from Las Palmas. 

The Spanish press is worse for gossip than a lot of the UK media. 

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Borna Sosa who is linked on here a lot looked absolute dreadful today

Dunno what they have done to him, it's me who was keen on him for a couple of years when he was at Stuttgart.

11 hours ago, paul514 said:

Dunno what they have done to him, it's me who was keen on him for a couple of years when he was at Stuttgart.

I didn't twig that it was him, he was absolutely munting last night.  I don't think I've seen a team in Europe with such bad body language really.  

Edited by sharkyvilla

5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I didn't twig that it was him, he was absolutely munting last night.  I don't think I've seen a team in Europe with such bad body language really.  

he wasn't good in the other game either, awesome at Stuttgart

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

Borna Sosa who is linked on here a lot looked absolute dreadful today

Was he linked when Gerard was here?  Would have been another inspired signing by Stevie 🤣

IF we were to finish 4th and win the ECL and not inhibited by PSR does anyone believe we could attract a player of the calibre of Kvaratskhelia - or an other real top tier talent. 

22 minutes ago, thabucks said:

IF we were to finish 4th and win the ECL and not inhibited by PSR does anyone believe we could attract a player of the calibre of Kvaratskhelia - or an other real top tier talent. 

Another winger?.....

We have  2 of the best, when the team is functioning correctly.

Oh !....... and have some respect, for the Holte End Poets😀

Edited by TRO

7 hours ago, thabucks said:

Karadona? I wish.

I mean maybe there’s a small single digit percentage chance, but PSR does exist and so do many other clubs who would be before us in the queue.

I think the best player we have a decent chance of signing is Nico Williams from Bilbao. We’d need to have CL football of course, but the fact he has a reasonable buyout clause means we could afford him and then I think the Basque link with Emery might just help swing it.

• Like 2

If we managed to win UECL and qualified to CL I think we’ll be in a very great position. The squad should be stronger with Buendia and Mings back. Then we have Zaniolo and Lenglet back to their teams which reduce wages. I’m not sure wether Sanson gone already or not yet I remember something like 4m. I think we could offload Dendonker for 5 or around that. Not sure about Coutinho, but if we managed to offload then we’ve had done really well. Chambers contract will run by then or have 6 more months. 
Not sure about Dinge situation, won’t try and sell unless we get someone as Frimpong, but if we still get a decent offer then we shall take it.

If we won the Conference and went to the CL, it will get more attraction to our non wanted players. So hopefully it will help that as well. 

Another example today that we need to buy an aerially dominant centre back in the summer. 

Teams can see we can’t handle balls into the box and Emi can only do so much. Maybe Ty coming back will fix this problem but we look suspect every time we play a team that can deliver the ball well from set pieces. 

9 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Another example today that we need to buy an aerially dominant centre back in the summer. 

Teams can see we can’t handle balls into the box and Emi can only do so much. Maybe Ty coming back will fix this problem but we look suspect every time we play a team that can deliver the ball well from set pieces. 

Ty will fill that void, but we defo need back up for rotation. 

Nearly every set piece into the box looks like it could end up in a goal. It's awful to watch! 

No idea how good he is but seen an article mention Adarabioyo is out of contract in the summer… would that be a good move? We could do with some right footed players…

Hermoso sounds like a good target for LCB and maybe even LB hybrid… should be better than Lenglet and have lower wage demands…

Picking up some good free transfers would help boost the squad and options… alongside any big signings and upgrades we may bring in…

No doubt we need a bigger, better squad to manage all games and competitions next season… we’ve seen how great the demands are this season and sadly got knocked out of the domestic cups too early… injuries and suspensions have really disrupted us…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Picking up some good free transfers would help boost the squad and options

Guido Rodriquez and Hermoso please. I’d also check out Martin Terrier at Rennes. He’s recovered from his ACL and is now bad in the team and scoring. He had 21 goals or something form LW/IF the season before his injury. 

Â