Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

For a 21 year old to score the way he did yesterday, take the extra touch inside to make the finish so much easier is a very good sign for someone that young.  I think it took Ollie a long time to get that into his game, some players are more natural when it comes to that kind of composure.  Rogers is going to be a very, very good player.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

Next year Morgan is gonna be Grealish level, i'm telling you. Him and Ollie are like, in a tree, or something (i've forgotten how the rhyme goes tbh). 

Assuming you mean Villa Grealish, that's a big claim.

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

Next year Morgan is gonna be Grealish level, i'm telling you. Him and Ollie are like, in a tree, or something (i've forgotten how the rhyme goes tbh). 

Very different players but i get your enthusiasm. Not many have Morgans break the lines ability with both powerful running and really sharp and clever passing.  For a big man he is easy on the eye though like Grealish. ( no memes please 😂😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Clear example of if Unai wants a player, he is going to be great for us… we should not question or doubt anything the man does for us… he is… amazing…

spacer.png

Moreno and Rogers for the prices we've paid. top work. I think Pau has been a steal at the price too. 

• Like 1

His link up with Oli yesterday gave me a semi. They looked like they'd played together for years, not just for 4 months. I can see them becoming a ridiculous pairing for many years to come.

His first thought is always, how do I turn and run at you. He’s a defenders nightmare because if he spins you, you’re done. Can’t get the ball off him. Too strong, too quick. 

Usually, that doesn’t also come with the ability to pick a pass. The weight of his pass is often very good too.

I really like him. 

• Like 2

The progress he has made since settling in is insane. He bulldozes past players with strength and power and has finesse and intelligence. Really excited to see what his ceiling could be. 

24 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Must be horrible to play against. And not just his physical size. You go tight on him and he can turn you instantly with skill and power into space. Drop off and he can scan the pitch instantly and play a clever ball. Nearly all our players have big pass completion now apart from him.  Emery has given him the keys to be the creative fulcrum already.

The last 2 league games McGinn and Tielemans havent been missed in a creative sense so they could concentrate on being in the engine room. And Rogers has been the one to link midfield and attack. Astonishing really. 

In terms of his responsibilty he is our equivalent of Cole Palmer in that he is doing that link. 

All bodes very well. If we can keep JJ and Buendia fit next season we will have multiple creative and goalscoring threats on the pitch and on the bench to back up our forwards. Imagine McGinn Ramsey Rogers and Buendia rotated. And you can add Kellyman to that if he isnt loaned out  

13 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Too similar to have in the same team I recon.

They're not similar at all. Rogers is playing in the Buendia role. There's frightening space for both of them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

It was such a good performance. The way he's levelled up to this league has been kind of stunning. He looks like one of our best players already. 

3 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

the music started and i was thinking, oh yeah, some nice classical/high class music to go with the maestro Mr Rogers.

Then the song kicked in and i just sat back and rolled my eyes.

brilliant performance though, the lad really has it all, skill, composure, vision, guile, technique, size and power, not the quickest, but he isnt slow and he carries the ball well with the pace he does have.

Genuinely, if he continues to develop, i can see him being one of my fave players, he has it all.

Edited by MaVilla

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

In a weird twisted way I almost want him to drop a stinker in the next game just to see how this forum reacts. 

Only as good as your last game

Edited by Pongo Waring
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Rolta said:

They're not similar at all. Rogers is playing in the Buendia role. There's frightening space for both of them. 

They're both ball carriers and can see them getting in eachother's way quite a lot.

Can't see a world where Emery would play them together

Â