Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

Roger’s seemed to have an X factor about him at Middlesbrough although inconsistent. We’re seeing glimpses of that player as he adapts to our style of play, could be very exciting in the coming seasons.

1 hour ago, chrisvilla4 said:

I'd imagine if we had a full compliment, he wouldn't be getting the game time, much like Pau. As it is, both have been thrown in and are shining. Really pleased for Morgan, he'll learn so much so quickly. 

Huh? Pau is elite.

We have missed Ramsey, we've missed the defensive work he does on that left hand side and general midfield play that goes so underrated. With best Ramsey we would have more points. Rogers is doing superbly though and the way he's going will get plenty of game time in the team with Ramsey, JR on the left and MR in the Number ten area :bang:

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Huh? Pau is elite.

I'm not saying he isn't, I adore him, but he would have been eased in more gently had others been fit (in my opinion) 

1 minute ago, chrisvilla4 said:

I'm not saying he isn't, I adore him, but he would have been eased in more gently had others been fit (in my opinion) 

Screenshot_20240303_064323_Chrome.jpg.9ef2f140bba5d67c15171ef241a2a62b.jpg

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, useless said:

We have missed Ramsey, we've missed the defensive work he does on that left hand side and general midfield play that goes so underrated. With best Ramsey we would have more points. Rogers is doing superbly though and the way he's going will get plenty of game time in the team with Ramsey, JR on the left and MR in the Number ten area :bang:

I'd disagree slightly with the general midfield play bit - Ramsey isn't the most confident in tight spaces - Rogers is better in that area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I am so sure that we came across him when Emery looked at the videos pre the FA Cup Boro game.  And then once Emery saw him in the flesh was desperate for him. If he had been scouted for a long time we would have bought him last summer surely. He didnt pull up trees at his previous loan club either. Convinced it was an Emery purchase. Doesn't  make sense for it to be Monchi 

Am sure our head of  youth worked with him at West Brom and was probably mentioned from him initially

25 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

What are the Boro fans saying? There was a bit of bemusement when we signed him. 

He's certainly surpassing my expectations.

Can't hear what Boro fans are saying because they're in the bin. 

Tbf, our scouting team have made everyone looks like mugs here, fantastic piece of business. 

2 hours ago, wishywashy said:

We've recruited very well from the Championship over the years tbf: Konsa, Watkins, Cash, Buendia, etc. Long may that continue.

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

You what, mate.

What Delphi-baby means Wishy, is that Buendia is clearly world class, elite, a generational talent, and Delphinho merely wants you to state this clearly, and without hesitation.

Delphinho is very protective of his favourite player.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I am so sure that we came across him when Emery looked at the videos pre the FA Cup Boro game.  And then once Emery saw him in the flesh was desperate for him. If he had been scouted for a long time we would have bought him last summer surely. He didnt pull up trees at his previous loan club either. Convinced it was an Emery purchase. Doesn't  make sense for it to be Monchi 

Our youth coach trained him at the Albion and apparently had mentioned him way before we played boro

Best game for Villa.

Does what he's told to do. Powers forward. Gets us up the pitch.

Really really impressive. Unai definitely still knocking some rough angles off as well.

Do what the great man tells you, and you'll fly as a footballer.

41 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

What Delphi-baby means Wishy, is that Buendia is clearly world class, elite, a generational talent, and Delphinho merely wants you to state this clearly, and without hesitation.

Delphinho is very protective of his favourite player.

Some men just want to watch the world burn...

• Haha 2

Â