Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I wasn't sure at 15m let alone paying anything more.

Move on Villa.

doesnt seem to be about more than 15m, seem to be more about the structure.

ie: supposedly we are offering something like 7.5m + 7.5m in addons, where they want something more like 10 or 12m upfront, with 3-5m in addons.

• Like 1

Middlesbrough want £15m, which we have reportedly offered.

The only thing to iron out now is structure of the deal, which shouldn't be too difficult to work through.

The fact that Rogers has allegedly told Middlesbrough that he wants to join us this month should help speed up the process a bit.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

The deal either gets done or our good relationship with Boro is most likely finished.

Yeah. Charged them more when they come sniffing around some of our young players in future. I hope we loan our players to their rivals.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

They do seem to have a similar playstyle though!? 

A lot of the clips I've seen of Rogers are of him driving at defences and carrying the ball up the field. Very Ramsey like.

38 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Whole situation really does raise the question of why we didn't just buy him 7 months ago for £1.5m when he went to Boro.

Seems odd.

Not at all. His performance levels have markedly improved .

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Whole situation really does raise the question of why we didn't just buy him 7 months ago for £1.5m when he went to Boro.

Seems odd.

Not really. He’s stepped up a level and improved. Nothing odd at all about it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Villa_Vids said:

Yeah. Charged them more when they come sniffing around some of our young players in future. I hope we loan our players to their rivals.

Yeah man. Absolutely fuming they're not just letting us take him! 😂

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

Seems odd.

Emery was probably still analysing the squad and what we needed. What he'd inherited from slippy etc. as well.

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

Seems odd.

What if I'd tried to train as a stuntman after all? What if I'd swam in that lake in Malawi that ended up giving my mate a tapeworm? What if I'd smashed that bird at uni who turned out to be an actress on TV. 

What if...

Seriously though, he's gotten better. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Haha 4

Â