Match Thread: Everton v Villa

limpid

3 minutes ago, Spoony said:

These match threads are 80-90% talking about officiating these days. Not every decision is “corruption”. Maybe try and enjoy other aspects of the game. 

People watch it to comment on the ref.  Honestly.

Just now, El Zen said:

I think the decision was correct, I just think it’s a joke it took so long and that VAR is sucking all the joy out of football. 

Oh yes. Couldn't agree more. Should have taken seconds and I'd ditch VAR in a heartbeat. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

We have had at least 6 points taken off us because of these bullshit decisions.

Can't have villa getting too far ahead....

How the hell is Bailey offside here.

No lines drawn.

Corrupt as ****.

image.png

He’s clearly offside here. 

Everton Number 10 is sitting on the white line. You take that white line up to the top of the screen and the Villa player in yellow boots who receives the pass is standing to the right of the grass line on the pitch. 

It was obvious offside even in real time. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tomaszk said:

God, we're so good.

Everton are so shit.

0-0. Football is a funny game.

It's not that funny, or complicated. When the officials can't referee, it guarantees a scoreline that doesn't reflect the game itself.

Just now, sidcow said:

Why have you done that? Pisses me off no end people just posting a full stop. What's its purpose? A crap trend. 

Because it's duplicated. I couldn't give a shit your pissed off tbh. Suck it up cry baby 😂

4 minutes ago, Spoony said:

These match threads are 80-90% talking about officiating these days. Not every decision is “corruption”. Maybe try and enjoy other aspects of the game. 

Yes, and I think that's fair, because the standard of officiating is ruining the game. Every single week.

tbf, the angle looking at lenglet was clearly offside, but I'm not at all sure that the freeze frame was when the ball was passed.  I think it may have frozen the frame too early which was clearly in offside POSITION.  the look from the other angle i.e when that ball was played.  was much less certain.   But legnlet clearly held so it seems like justice to me.

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Still wasn’t a yellow. Wasn’t even a foul. 

I think I agree that I wouldn't want that to be a foul, just not surprised to see it given  as a yellow at the moment, if you draw blood from a player you're going to be treated much more harshly when the exact same thing gets waved away otherwise, seen it happen loads.