VillaTalk Deadpool 2024

Xela

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Mr Hodge my old PE teacher from comp has dies.

Now, I doubt he’s on many of your lists, and some of you may not even know who he was. He was the un named PE teacher in this story which is just absolutely stone cold typical of the stuff he used to do. 

Other than the fictional characters in Gavin and Stacey, I only know of two people from Barry, Mike Bubbins and yourself. Turns out you went to school together?

2 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Other than the fictional characters in Gavin and Stacey, I only know of two people from Barry, Mike Bubbins and yourself. Turns out you went to school together?

Same school, different year group. Him and my brother sort of know each other enough for the occasional chat.

Emyr Ankst (Emyr Williams), 57

co founder of the Ankst record label, responsible for output by Ffa Cofi Pawb, Super Furries, Gorkys, Llwybr Llaethog, Melys, Topper, Geraint Jarman, Datblygu

My first experience would have been seeing CD singles for sale in odd places in the early 90’s. In an art gallery gift shop, or amongst the birthday cards in a small bookshop, or on reception at a library. There, amongst the bookmarks and novelty pencil cases and the gift cards, a random Gorky’s CD single, or a cassette by Y Cryff. So you bought it out of curiosity, then found you had to keep going back to some random bloody gift shop in a suburb to see if they got anything else in.

• Like 1

Charmian Abrahams, actress in Crossroads, 96. 

Sadly run over by a delivery van in Harborne. 

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

Charmian Abrahams, actress in Crossroads, 96. 

Sadly run over by a delivery van in Harborne. 

Is this the truth or a Crossroads storyline? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

One for @sne

David Emge (Flyboy in Romeros Dawn of the Dead) gone at 77.

Think it might be time for a re-watch. Been a while.

• Like 1

Composer Laurie Johnson, 96.

Wrote some of the most iconic British TV themes including 'The Avengers', 'The Professionals' and 'This Is Your Life'.

A niche one. Brian Barcyzk, reptile enthusiast who ran a very popular YouTube channel, as well as a zoo and did some TV work. Apparently owned the 3rd largest collection of snakes in the world, particularly focused on the breeding and development of python morphs, and was involved in venom milking. Died aged 54 after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last year. He went downhill very fast - diagnosis to dead inside a year.

Neil Kulkarni. Coventry based music journalist best known for working on Melody Maker in the 90s and then becoming one of the best voices on the brilliant Chart Music podcast. Very sudden, he was on stage at the Chart Music Live show in town only a week or so ago.

• Sad 2

I believe he worked down at the BIMM Institute on Floodgate Street too. Good dude. He’ll be missed. 

Particularly sad with him is I believe his wife died a few years ago suddenly and at least one of his daughters, from what has been said on the podcast, is still fairly young. That's a horrific situation.

Ian Bailey, former journalist and current murder suspect, dead at 66.

Infamous in Ireland for being a suspect in the murder of Sophie Toscan de Plantier.

Some good podcasts and documentaries about the case out there.

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Producer, and singer Frank Farian has died. he was responsible for Boney M and Milli Vanilli amongst others.

I certainly wouldn't have wished the bloke dead but if I had been responsible for those two, I think I would have kept quiet about it.

Â