VillaTalk Deadpool 2024

Xela

9 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Derek Draper (author and political advisor but probably best known for being the husband of Kate Garaway) has finally died after 3 years of extreme complications to having Covid. 

surely peop[le cant get points for that...he's been on his last legs for ages

3 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

surely peop[le cant get points for that...he's been on his last legs for ages

I doubt anyone has suggested him for the competition for that reason. 

4 minutes ago, veloman said:

David Soul; probaly best kown for Starsky and Hutch. Also made a couple of 'catchy pop numbers.

Aged 80 after a “valiant battle “.

Assuming cancer, the default death of many.

Crikey. I've recently recorded Salems Lot which I haven't seen since my teens.  Will definitely have to watch it now out of respect. 

Always preferred Hutch to Starsky. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, veloman said:

David Soul; probaly best kown for Starsky and Hutch. Also made a couple of 'catchy pop numbers.

well he finally has !!!!

My mum had a bit of a crush on him back in the day. I don’t think I’ve ever watched an episode of Starsky & Hutch. I mainly know him from “Don’t give up on us” and “Silver Lady”.

I remember him in one of the Dirty Harry films. I heard good things about the Jerry Springer opera, never got round to it.

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Crikey. I've recently recorded Salems Lot which I haven't seen since my teens.  Will definitely have to watch it now out of respect. 

I watch it every few years. Its still pretty damned good tbh.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I guess for me ,  briefly in the late 70's Starsky and Hutch were the coolest people on the planet 

Them, Bo&Luke, Jon&Ponch. Legends every one. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

, me and my mates would slide across the bonnet of our dad's cars and try and enter the car through the window  as we tied to re-enact them when we played outdoors 

I was still doing this on my mates cars in the 90's in my 20's :D

3 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

I was still doing this on my mates cars in the 90's in my 20's :D

Not quite as cool when you're sliding across the bonnet of a Vauxhall Nova, in your Joe Bloggs jeans! ;) 

• Like 1

If I tried to jump through my cars window now I'd get stuck on my beer belly with legs waving in the air.

It would not be cool, or even dignified.

A slide across the bonnet would probably result in a visit to the body shop for dents to be pushed out as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

put down the crucifix priest, your faith against the masters

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, veloman said:

David Soul; probably best known for Starsky and Hutch. Also made a couple of 'catchy pop numbers.

A mate of mine who osed to have a string of record shops up in Jawedeeland once paid for his services to promote his stuff and some record fairs I believe.

Apparently he was difficult to work with because he always wanted to go on the beer.

For Jawdees to come to that conclusion he must have been a monster piss-head.

Â